ARE DOMINICAN WOMEN FAITHFUL

L

LA DUKE

I HAVE BEEN HEARING FROM A FEW OF MY DOMINICAN MALE FRIENDS THAT THE WOMEN IN THE D.R. ARE NOT VERY FAITHFUL TO THE MEN IF THIS IS TRUE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW BEFORE I MARRY ONE. I AM A AMERICAN BLACK MALE THAT TRULY BELIEVES IN MONOGOMY IN A RELATION I KNOW THAT MAY SOUND FUNNY BUT IT IS TRUE. SO IF THERE ARE ANY D.R. LADIES OR EVEN MEN OUT THERE WHO CAN LET ME KNOW PLEASE RESPOND. LADUKE. EMAIL-LADUKE99@HOTMAIL.COM

D

DR1

What?

Unless they have a reason to be unfaithful, they are no different to the rest of the women on this planet.
Maybe just a little more beautiful :)

Do a little reading on Latin culture, it may bring you a few steps closer to answering your own question.

Rob.

M

Milli

Laduke...shy away from the marriage aspects right now. Go down there spend time with the women(i mean real time) and see if its meant to be. I dont know nothin about her but is she in love with you or your money? Think real hard about your decision so you make the best one!

Later

A

A Gringo

Be Carefull.........

I have been with the same Dominican women for over eight years now and I know for a fact that she is fathfull to me...

However I have also lived here for over 12 years and I know first hand that I have a very rare situation because of my wife's religion...99.9 % of my friends have not been so lucky!

Listen to what Milli has asked you and determen if its your good look's..... or your $$$$$MONEY! That she is interested in!

Good luck......

N

Natasha

Are you 12?

Since you asked Dominican ladies for their opinions...

If you are thinking of marrying a woman, (let's even leave out nationality) why on earth are you asking about faithfullness on an internet board??? Shouldn't you have those types of FUNDAMENTAL discussions with the woman (or is it that you're not even in a relationship with a woman?) you're about to marry. It is a sad reflection on relationships and society when such profound issues are discussed on an internet forum instead of with the person involved. Who cares if you're into monogamy. Obviously, you are not even ready for a relationship as evident of your sophomoric post.

And that aside, don't you consider your very question "are Dominican women faithful?" a totally offensive and off the wall one? Are African-American men good fathers? A few African-Amarican female friends of mine have told me that many are not. Let's see Duke, how would you answer that?

Natasha

N

Natasha

Milli/Gringo.........

Why so quick to assume Duke has money?

Natasha

J

John Thomas

Re: LA DUKE

In every country there are monogamous women as there are monogamous men. There are unfaithful people in former marriages that are faithful in their present marriages. If you love your couple and she love you the chances of unfaithfulness occuring in your marriage are nil. But that have to do with LOVE not country of origin. If you have to ask, you are not ready for marriage. Did you mean faithful instead of monogamous? There are not the same, as one can be both monogamous and unfaithful at the same time.

P.S.
Monogamy: marriage with one person at a time
Bigamy: marrying one person while still married to another

S

Sarah

Sorry to say it LA DUKE, but Natasha's right.

I would question your ethnic origins...that question would not even pass through the minds of any African American I know.

D

darius

Re: Sorry to say it LA DUKE, but Natasha's right.

I'm sorry but I have to throw my two pence worth in ( or cents)depending on where you are.

Firstly, if a brother wants to ask a question, no matter what it is leave the brother alone, thats the beauty of the internet, if you find his question offensive, then don't respond, just move on, but there might be someone out there that can give that person a view which will help that person find their way.

What peed me off is the fact that 1. the good fathers line like all black males are bad father because "thats what i heard", and two that does not sound like the words of any african american I know, like every black man is born with a script for life, which is bullshit,

You go ask your question homeboy, don't let nobody put u off with there negative bollocks.

peace

S

Sarah

1. OK, go ahead - ask away...

2. Natasha was giving an example of how offensive his question was to her.

3. And the words behind my words were: any African American who has experienced racism would not pose a racist question such as that.

N

Natasha

How contradictory your message seem to be. No darius, it is not as simply as "move on". ANY Dominican would be offended by the question whether you like it or not. You got "peed off" by the good fathers question? That was a rhetorical question darius ;-)

Natasha

L

LA DUKE

uptight natasha

well tasha i hope that i didnt offend you by asking that question but i learned a long time ago that the most valuable thing a person can get is information and this message board is a great place to get it just like the 2 times this year that i have visited the dr i gained much info on the beautiful people in the dr and if the shoe were on the other foot and a dr woman wanted to know about black men in america i would tell her to make sure she finds a blackman who is going to be a good father no matter what, im not affraid to talk about the problems in my community for the only way they will ever change is thru talking and gaining the most important resource there is info. laduke,,,

N

Natasha

Re: uptight? hardly

You hope you didn't offend me, yet you describe me as "uptight". We are totally on different wavelenghts LADUKE.

Natasha

R

Roberto

Re: uptight? hardly-To-Darius/LA DUKe

I am very sorry Duke I agree with Natasha on this

and I feel shame
that you had to talk about you ethnical group

you had offend the
Dominican Ladies
and the Black comunities as well

I had E-mail you last night giving you advice about this tread
but it seems like you don't get it

I will sujest you to make you move
if you have one
and this time
be honest/Respectful/wise please
you need to apoligize To Natasha and to Sahra

And Darius please
you are not helping him
his making A fool of his self
don't encourage him

Regards

Roberto

L

LA DUKE

TASHA YOU MAKE ME SMILE

SORRY FOR UPSETTING ANYONE I THINK IM A OK DUDE, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS OFFEND ANYONE. TASHA IM SORRY FOR CALLING YOU UPTIGHT I GUESS I DO HAVE SOME GROWING UP TO DO IM ENJOYING ALL THIS CONVO ABOUT DR FOLKS TASHA I LIKE YOUR STYLE YOU DONT BACK DOWN YOU WOULD PROBABLY MAKE FOR A GOOD FACE TO FACE DEBATE WELL I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLES OPINIONS WERE HOWEVER I AM STILL GOING TO DO WHAT I WANT TO DO WHATEVER OTHERS OPINIONS MAY BE. PEACE-LOVE-HAPPINESS-PROSPERITY-ONE WORLD-MAY WE ALL GET ALONG-MAKE LOVE NOT WAR-MORENGA-BOB MARLY IS KING-DR IS #1. LADUKE```` THATS L-A-DUKE AS IN LOS ANGELES DUKE. SMILE TASHA

P

Phyllis

Guess you are better off...

... to find out for yourself, whether your DR girl will be faithful or not. Grouping all DR woman together isn't right, some do what they gotta do to survive, others don't - WHATEVER, my only advise is to "ensure" love exists between both parties before taking your vows. Personal experience with all DR people, including the woman; has been wonderful... better than where I come from and I'm not racist, or ready to marry anyone either! Enjoy their culture, and beautiful country, should you discover mutual love - then being faithful to each other shouldn't be an issue, unless "custom and beliefs" are different. Wishing you all the best! Peace.

R

Roberto

Re: Guess you are better off...

Phillys

Slow down the brother had Apologies

it is enough

Roberto

V

vincent

Re: Gimme a break

I think your question is a good one and think it's sad that people have to get offended by a question? A question I might add that did not have any slant or insult to it. From what I can see based on reports from the limited number of dominican males you know, you were told that dominican women are as serious about monogamy as you think. So you thought you would put the question out for discussion by a wider group of people. Nothing's wrong with that!!! It Shouldn't be considerd offensive. Everyone knows that different cultures view fidelity differently. It doesn't mean everyone raised in that culture feels the same, we all know that. (Arabs and Americans i'm sure view it differently (in general).)

In general, how do domincan women view cheating on their boyfriends or husbands??? It's a valid question??? Some have answered based on what they observed. I hope others reply to the question without being offended. I know I would like to know more about how that is considered in the DR.

As for Natasha's comment about "Are african americans good fathers?". I'm african american and without being offended I would say the great majority of the ones I know are very good fathers. But wouldn't dispute someone who said they knew of many who weren't (we know different people). But, defining what "being a good father is" is much more dificult to define than what "being unfaithful" is.

Side note: What's happened to this board??? It seems like eveyone's getting offended by every question or subject? This is supposed to be a forum for exchanging ideas and information, correcting misconceptions, and building understanding. How about a little more tolerance???

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Gimme a break

Politically correct or not, there ARE attributes that are PREVALENT in groupings by race, skin-color, culture, physical characteristics, age, gender, income, profession, geographic location, family size, heritage, intelligence, lifestyle, etc.

Dominicans are: (left blank, because someone might be offended).
Americans are: (left blank, because someone might be offended).
Canadians are: (left blank, because someone might be offended).
Europeans are: (left blank, because someone might be offended).

Which is more ignorant, an observation based on race/skin-color/culture/... or the denial of the observation.

Since this board is about the Dominican Republic. To say "are Dominicans ...?" or "Dominicans are ..." is fine. It is also fine for those enlightened to state that "... is not specific to Dominicans" or "... has about the same prevalency as with most other cultures".

What is a perfectly good and innocent question by an 17 year old that has never traveled outside of their home state, may seem utterly ignorant and even offensive to some of this board's highly accomplished and educated world travelers.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM