Jobs at Carol Morgan School

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Carol Morgan School is advertising jobs for High School teachers in special education, biology, math, calculus, ceramics and arts, computer technology facilitator. For their middle school, they seek a MS PE and Health and a MS Language Arts. For their Elementary School they seek a classroom teacher. Requirements are that the candidates be fluent in written and spoken English, be certified in their area of instruction and have at least two years of previous teaching experience. Preferred qualifications include a MA from US college/university and US teaching certification.

Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest indicating the position they are applying for and resume with letters of recommendation to Human Resources, Carol Morgan School, Av. Sarasota esq. Nunez de Caceres, Santo Domingo or call 809 947-1000 or email at nurbaez@cms.edu.do

Deadline for submission is not later than Wednesday, 30 January 2008 and candidates must be available to attend an interview fair on Saturday, 2 February in case you are invited. The time will be established.

The notification was published on 23 January in the Listin Diario.

ant2004ms

Feb 10, 2009
Hello, I am interested in the Carol Morgan School. I currently live in the USA in New Jersey. I am thinking of moving to Santo Domingo in 2 years. I would like some information about the school if possible. I am finishing up my Masters Degree in December and am currently an elementary school teacher. Thank you.

ant2004ms

Feb 10, 2009
info. on teaching positions in santo domingo

Thank you for your help. I have tried to email one of the contact individuals listed on their site but have I haven't received an email back. Do you have any idea on where I might find information to the job fairs. I have been looking online but have not found any dates and locations.
Thank you

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
There are two main organizations that conduct job fairs for international teachers. These are ISS, International School Services, and Search Associates.

Below is a link to the ISS site:

International School Services - ISS Services - Educational Staffing, Job Placement

I have been in international education for the last 12 years and I personally would suggest that you use ISS and avoid Search like the plague but that being said have friends that swear by Search.

There are ISS and Search fairs in many places but the main ones in the US are in San Francisco, and a big fair that alternates between NY and Boston.

There is also what is considered one of the first fairs to be organized through the University of Northern Iowa. Now they are becoming more common in Canada as well, for instance the fair at Queens. These fairs are usually held in January or February.

Good luck in your search and don't go into your experience with your mind set on only one or two countries, be open to possibilities and you might end up with the best experience of your life in a country you never would have considered living in otherwise.

ant2004ms

Feb 10, 2009
I will look into that also. Thank you for you help. If you have any other info. that can help me please let me know.