Local Bus

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Can anyone advise me if the local bus makes the loop for the following route,

I know it goes Corticito to Bavaro Plaza, makes left turn and onto Fruisia, then right at Texaco and down to RIU - from RIU where does it go ?? Does it come back around to Plaza and Corticito again?

Also, how would one take the local bus to Dreams (Sunscape)? or is it possible and how long would that take?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the route you described been correct, and after passing the Riu and Iberostar resort that bus comes back to the crossing of Friusa (100 meters after thebcrossing to the main bus station of the bus company named 'Sitrabapu').
to go to the dreams is a bit more complicated than just going around the bavaro area, i don't know their exact shedule.
but the way is like that:
you travel with the regular bus described above until "cruce de Machiplan", that's a 300 meters before the Riu entrance, there you wait the bus to "uvero alto", passing by the dreams, but i really don't know how frequently they leave, i never took that route myself, it will be an other 30-40 minutes from there to reach the dreams.
btw,
why should somebody leave the bavaro/pc area to visit the dreams by bus??
Mike

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the info Mike. You described it perfectly.

Only reason we considered going to the area of Dreams was that we will be having friends staying there and thought maybe we would meet them somewhere off their resort, but after reading your info we are crossing that visit off our list.

Thanks again.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Bluenose,
additional info on the route, i asked a friend about it right now.
the bus you took from "machiplan" will drop you off in La Seiba where you have to take a third bus coming from higuey and bringing you to Uvero Alto/Dreams.
it is a bit complicated and takes some time, too.
the other thing is on the way back you would need to take a different route over La Otra Banda, from there taking the bus to Punta Cana.
it is a very looong travel by bus, i would recommend to take a cabby.
have fun
Mike