Just Back from Oasis Hamaca Don?t Worry be Happy

fishking

Nov 27, 2007
Got back for Boca Chica last night spent the week at Oasis Hamaca and my wife and I had a great time. I?ll send a more complete trip report latter but I thought I?d send some quick comments today.

Room-a little worn but very clean, big and comfortable.
Food - sometimes very good but always lots or choices and very adequate.
Beach- I enjoyed it a lot a little crowded at times but fun.
Staff ? Universally great, friendly, courteous and if I asked for something they always tried to satisfy me whether it was food, towels, water, booze, music. The staff was a big part of why I enjoyed the resort.
The much complained about construction - no big deal. They were building the pool right in front of my room it was never dusty or dirty and only noisy a couple of times for a few minutes. I actually enjoyed talking to the workers also very nice people.
Boca Chica- Duarte St is fine during the day and enjoyable to walk. The Tourist Police were quite visible it but that doesn?t mean the locals won?t be trying to sell you something you don?t need for 10 times what it worth. If you are there on a Sunday or holiday you have to walk the local beach it is a show unto itself, families, kids, music and salesmen.