dual citizenship

micsan22

Sep 18, 2007
Hi,

I am natural born US citizen but my parents were both born in the Dominican Republic, I am currently waiting for an CR1 Interview for my husband. Would it hurt my case if I applied for citizenship in the dominican republic?

Thanks,

juanj

Dec 8, 2007
in my view, the question would be if it would delay. It would above all involve more "review" from a funtional process point-of-view (visa processing) - time being the main factor here (?). From a pratical pov, I would ask if there was a greater "priority" to either goal, and decide probably not to go for the DR citiz at this time. On the other hand, it is difficult to respond as adequate as best, without more details - especially in the sequence of time and "currently waiting" status.

Gut feeling would say that with the two DR parents, on balance, you might attain the DR citiz within best time posible, prior to CR1 appointment. That is a guess.

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
in my view, the question would be if it would delay. It would above all involve more "review" from a funtional process point-of-view (visa processing) - time being the main factor here (?). From a pratical pov, I would ask if there was a greater "priority" to either goal, and decide probably not to go for the DR citiz at this time. On the other hand, it is difficult to respond as adequate as best, without more details - especially in the sequence of time and "currently waiting" status.

Gut feeling would say that with the two DR parents, on balance, you might attain the DR citiz within best time posible, prior to CR1 appointment. That is a guess.

Sorry but this is all just speculation on your part.

To answer the question, no it won't affect your petition in the least bit. All you have to prove is that you are a USC.

-Tim