what about the town of samana?

adt

Jan 26, 2006
i am desperate to find a cute, clean little place to stay, would prefer inexpensive. we are 2 families, and right now every number i call is disconnected, and every website is down. i know the area is going through great change and growth...but i can't seem to find anything.

muchas gracias por todos.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
i am desperate to find a cute, clean little place to stay, would prefer inexpensive. we are 2 families, and right now every number i call is disconnected, and every website is down. i know the area is going through great change and growth...but i can't seem to find anything.

muchas gracias por todos.

Do you speak Spanish?
If you do, I will recommend a Casa de huespedes, with 2 bedroom apt. quiet up on the hill, with a fantastic view of the harbor. The owner speak Spanish only.

Check your PM box for the phone number.

WebDev

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
check out las tamboras, a little way out of town towards las galeras. Nice apts, private beach and pool, security. Basically a gringo neighborhood. Sorry, dont have the number....

jonvelas

Jan 29, 2010
gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com
Places to stay in Town of Samana - Small Hotels, Rooms & Apartments

This is an information update as of 2011

There is a new local website about the Town of Samana where you will find information
on places to stay : small hotels, rooms and apartments.

There is also a very detailed map of the town, where you will find the location
of these places and everything else of interest.

Go Samana | Dominican Republic - Town of Samana, Samana City, Santa Barbara de Samana

Enjoy and discover Samana !
:knockedou Jon

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
stayed in Las Tamboras once and never again... shabby rooms, lousy and boring food, and lousy drinks. People are friendly though, and it is cheap. You will need a car though as it is in the middle of nowhere. The private beach is unusable for swimming, and is dirty a lot of the time.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Why do you want to stay in Samana vs. let's say Las Terrenas which offers much nicer beaches and many hotels and restaurants to choose from?

Helen Mitchell

Jan 15, 2009
Why not try Las Terrenas ! Much better and much more to do there 45 mins drive from Samana itself (Samana is very dull)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
La Tambora is a great experience at an excellent price. It's not 5 stars, but one of the best bang-for-the-buck resorts in Samana, period. It has been the MotoCaribe base for 3 years now and will continie to be so in the future. Some things just "work", if you know what I mean.

Now that the road is complete, La Tambora has city water and consistent electricity. They have spent a lot of money upgrading every area of the resort. In fact, they just brought in a new partner and will be spending huge sums for even more upgrades.

La Tambora is more than a resort. It's been a timeshare for Italians and Spaniards for over 20 years.

Of course not everyone will be pleased, including those who got to stay there for free.

Some pics of La Tambora so folks can make their own judgement.

The beach:
la-tambora-beach-panorama1.jpg

Entrance:
922cefd8-71eb-490a-8c3f-cd8db93a29af_m.jpg

The pool by the restaurant:
domreptrip162kj8.jpg

domreptrip163ig7.jpg

The restaurant entrance:
IMG_6663.sized.jpg

The restaurant:
IMG_6843.sized.jpg

295231340_XGHa6-M.jpg

All these pics were taken by MC guests.

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM and I'll get you in touch with Patria, one of the Managers of the resort. You'll get the full MotoCaribe 5-star treatment.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Why do you want to stay in Samana vs. let's say Las Terrenas which offers much nicer beaches and many hotels and restaurants to choose from?

You are so right!!! We stayed in Hotel Las Cayenas on Playa Bonita. Fantastic small hotel, right on the beach and breakfast served on the beach. Great service, great rooms (lovely bathroom, huge flatscreen tv, extremely clean), very nice pool and a very decent restaurant. Price was 70$ for 2, including breakfast if paid cash. The beach is great for swimming as well. if you want to try another restaurant it is a short, but great walk to several restaurants on the beachfront.

If you want more info and this price, please pm me, and I will hook you up with the owner.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

Been to La Tambora for lunch. Food was excellent. The complex looked very nice and clean, however it is very isolated, especially if you do not have transportation. If you want complete relaxation in a very private setting. This place is for you. Just remember that there is nothing in the immediate area to do. You need to drive to either Samana or Las Terrenas which are both about 45 minutes away.

s