Canadian weather

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
Hi

How would I explain to my husband about the weather in Canada......... I live in Northern Saskatchewan and today is minus 57 degrees with the wind. He has no concept of how cold that is. I told him to stand naked in a freezer for about an hour and that would not even be close. I actually worry about him adjusting to the weather.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi

How would I explain to my husband about the weather in Canada......... I live in Northern Saskatchewan and today is minus 57 degrees with the wind. He has no concept of how cold that is. I told him to stand naked in a freezer for about an hour and that would not even be close. I actually worry about him adjusting to the weather.

Whatever you do, if at all possible, don't let him travel in the winter. June/July is are good months and let the fall/winter slowly do their thing. I know several living in Montreal who come back every year for the winter months. Here, I tell them the same thing you do and they just stare at me. They think I'm joking.

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
exactly

I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I try to expalin how cold it is I get that blank stare. I took a video of a blizzard the last time I travelled and they all thought I was lying, they could nto beleive that woudl be snow and wind. THere is now way I woudl let my husband travel in the weather.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I plan on bringing my GF around April or May. It will probably be the coldests she's felt, but she'll quickly see things get better, then get worse from there. But oh well, that's life. I'd rather live in the DR if I could make the same kind of living as I do in Canada, but unfortunately that's nearly impossible. I do plan on spending the winter months in the DR if I can.