Punta Cana Appropriate for a Bachelor Pty?

jcfonz

Jan 30, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I was considering a trip to Punta Cana for a freinds bachelor party in mid may. I have never been there and I was looking into one of the all inclusive resorts as a destination. We're all in our mid to late twenties, early thirties, there is about 6 of us and we were looking for a place with a lot to do and with a lively night life. We were not looking for anything like a brothel or anything like that. Just a place with a younger crowd. Can anyone suggest something that would be appropriate?

Thanks!!!

Feb 7, 2007
You can certainly party well in Pacha, Mangu, Areito and the new cave disco.

If, after all, you decide to get some "chicas" you will have plenty of options

lance555

Jan 24, 2008
Punta Cana is not a "big Party" place like cancun. In fact--it is more a family/couple get away place. Sure you can go to one of the disco's but that is about it for socialization--there are no real "clubs" to speak of. However, there are lots of fun things to do--i highly recommend a fishing charter--food, drink and fishing.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You are be better off renting a few condos in Cabarete or Sosua.
Cabarete is a windsurfing/kiteboarding town on the north Coast, and has a vibrant nitelife. Sosua, 10 minutes away, might be appropriate to meet ready willing and able young Dominicanas to help celebrate your last few days of bachelorhood.

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
in my opinion...definitely! i was there in july for a stagette/bachelorette party and it was awesome. there are tonnes of things to keep everyone occupied during the day and the night life is amazing!

Island777

Oct 9, 2005
Cabarete or Punta Cana? I vote Cabarete!

in my opinion...definitely! i was there in july for a stagette/bachelorette party and it was awesome. there are tonnes of things to keep everyone occupied during the day and the night life is amazing!

Definitely which?

I spend most of my time in Cabarete but recently visited Punta Cana which I found to be completely unrepresentative of this wonderful country's culture. In my view, it would be the wrong destination for young people to go for a bachelor party, unless you want tame entertainment spoon fed to you in a first world setting.

Fly to Puerto Plata, 20-minute cab to Cabarete, rent yourselves some condo's at Ocean Dream or Ocean One or Palm Beach Condo's, on one of the several lower cost options, swim, surf, kitesurf, windsurf, mountain bike, go hiking, visit some of the nearby towns and beaches, go golfing, whatever suits you and then party in the beach disco Bambu in Cabarete which means "place to party." You will meet lots of interesting people from all over the world.