looking for dominican friends

I

irri

hi there

i'm a 16-year-old-girl from a small city in germany and i'm looking for dominican (e-mail-)friends because i`ve been to dr once last year and i'm still fascinated!

would be happy if you answered me,

kirsten

A

arcoiris

Kirsten, I am glad you had an opportunity to visit a wondrful country, and that you had a good experience with some of the great people there. My caution is about seeking "friends" through the internet. The internet is not a good place to look for friends. You don't know who is behind that typewriter at the other end, and you could end up with some big problems trying to meet people from the internet. This goes for any country. The US has had too many incidents of teenagers giving strangers their personal information....real name, address, phone number, etc., so please be careful! There are chat rooms and sites where you can interact with people, and some of the people on the internet are great people, but you just can't tell most of the time. So my recommendation is to chat about impersonal things, but be extremely careful about meeting people from the internet.
I hope you get another opportunity to visit the DR.

P

Phyllis

Hello Kirsten,
I agree with Arcoiris, please be careful - but enjoy the wonderful people from the DR!