A request from the Centro Cultural de Los Mina Viejo

felixelgato

Sep 25, 2007
Hello all,
Besides the organizing work some friends and I are involved here in Santo Domingo Este, we also run a small volunteer operated cultural center for kids here below the Puente de la 17(bridge) Rivera del Ozama Community.
We try and provide experiences/activities that raise their knowledge on how beautiful our country is, in spite of our faults and also expand their view of the World.
There is this concert coming up and we would like to take at least 2 kids. The ticket price is 300 pesos, so the total for 2 kids World be 600 pesos.
We expose them to many things, especially good music, be it hip-hop, folkloric-root Dominican music, jazz. But we have not done classical yet, knowing some of our kids they might fall asleep (lol) but I only started getting classical music after going many times to concerts, so you have to try.

Jose Antonio Molina -- 20 Years in Music
Maestro Jose Antonio Molina, one of the most successful Dominican musicians of all times, will be celebrating his 20 years in music with a gala at the National Theater set for 6 February. Titled, "Tschikovsky, heart and life," for the event, Molina will conduct the National Symphony Orchestra. Chinese pianist Peng Peng Gong will perform. It is a benefit for the Foundation Heart Care, directed by Dr. Pedro Urena. Tickets are RD$1,500, RD$800, RD$500 and RD$300 and can be purchased at the National Theater and through Fundacion Sinfonia.

If you are interested in purchasing a ticket for a one of the 2 kids/youth, I think the easiest and more transparent way Would be for you to purchase the ticket at the Teatro Nacional box office and pm me so we can meet, be it here in our center(we love visitors!) or wherever and you can give the ticket directly and meet/hang with one of the kids for a while if you wish.
Well PM for more info.
Thanks
F?lix.