Anyone heard of the neighborhood "un recidencial do?a idalia" in Santo Domingo

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
I came to Santo Domingo. The girl I was seeing there acted like a fool. I left after 4 days. She never came to the airport nor the hotel to see me. She claims she lives in the "un recidencial do?a idalia" neighborhood with her father. I assume she is staying with some old man that is banging her if you know what I mean. Santo Domingo has an odor to it. And seems everyone has a scam to try to run on foreigners. Now, my ex novia claims she is going to get her own job and own apartment. Definitley that is not enough to make my fly back over therer,

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I think with your attitude live_for_life, it is best you stay where ever you are and don't come back to Santo Domingo. Maybe you are bringing that "smell" with you when you come. And maybe the "novias" smell it and thats why they are dumping you...

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
I did not look down on Santo Domingo because of the odor. I feel sorry that people have to live in that kind of poverty

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I did not look down on Santo Domingo because of the odor. I feel sorry that people have to live in that kind of poverty
Its obvious the DR is the first developing country you have visited.

I suggest you explore more developing countries to see how the other 90% of the world's population lives.

And to think that the DR is a middle income country!

The DR has progressed quite a lot since the 1960s and the economy is actually growing at a relatively brisk pace. That brings hope, especially when you compare the DR with the situation in 99% of the world's poorest countries which are hardly growing economically.

In many parts of the world it gets worst, much worst.

-NALs

Last edited:

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
hey, let the poster express whatever feelings he has about DR. Are we living in communist russia?

wow, such knee-jerk censorship going on.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
hey, let the poster express whatever feelings he has about DR. Are we living in communist russia?
Expressing one's opinion about something inevitably opens the doors for others to express their opinion(s) about the original opinion.

Or to put this another way, critics are not exempt from being criticized, regardless if the original criticism was positive or not.

oceanbound said:
wow, such knee-jerk censorship going on.
Hm.

Isn't that the purpose of your post? :ermm:

-NALs

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
I think with your attitude live_for_life, it is best you stay where ever you are and don't come back to Santo Domingo. Maybe you are bringing that "smell" with you when you come. And maybe the "novias" smell it and thats why they are dumping you...

I did not mean to offend any Dominican or American living in Santo Domingo. I love the Dominican Republic and the Dominican people with all my heart and soul. I have been to Cabarete four times. The only reason I start going to Santo Domingo was to get away from the tourist spots like Cabarete and Punta Cana. I will move permanently to the Dominican Republic one day, maybe to Puerto Plata, Barahona, Cabarete, Monte Cristi, Nagua, or Santiago. I want to be in a part of the Dominican Republic where I can dance the night away to bachata music and truly interact with indigenous Dominican people where I can speak Spanish all the time. Bachata music originated from the interior towns in the Dominican Republic. And I think that is where I belong one day. I saw some nice homes in Puerto Plata that I could buy for 90,000 us $ which the same house would be 500,000 us $ here in Miami, Florida. I always have a great time in Cabarete. I hear that the most gorgeous Dominican women are to be found in Santiago. I am Dominican so one day I want to move back to my ethnic roots even though I am a US citizen by birth. But my soul and my spirit and my language are Dominican.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I think SD is a great city,you should move.

bob
A wise man once said:

"You are a human magnet and you are constantly attracting to you people whose characters harmonize with your own."

The problem with 49erman might not be the city or the country or the world....

-NALs:surprised