Hotel wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Does anyone know of a nice reasonable priced non AI hotel in the Samana, las Terrenas area for a couple of nights?
Thanks.

Bob K

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
In Las Terrenas, we stumbled on a small place (sorry can't remember the name) in Playa Bonita, a bit out of town but very quite and peaceful. There are some small hotels there that offer B&B. The one we stayed was nothing special, but right infront of the beach and nicely decorated (no Air Con or TV). Shower and hot water, double room for $60USD (per night with a small breakfast) . It's the first hotel when you arrive from a very bendy and full of potholes road (Playa Bonita is sign posted as you come to town from Nagua side).

Although there is nothing around at night, some hotels offer drinks and food but very quite, for more night action stay at Las Terrenas town center/beach.

In Samana we stayed at the Chino hotel/restaurant up the hill (run by Chinese of course), you can't miss it just look up from main road. $3000 pesos for two double rooms for one night (no breakfast). One was very small and no windows (I wouldn't call it a single even), the other was nice and large with a balcony with a view of the bay, both with cable TV and Air Con, shower and hot water (make sure you haggle, they wanted $3500 first !?).

Not much to do/see in Samana town itself (day or night ! ) but a few things to do in the area (check posts here...).

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Even if you dont stay at the Chino hotel, it is a pretty good restaurant with a fantastic view of the malecon and bay. But it isnt AI.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Thurston, I misread the AI, which in fact he is looking for non AI. Chino in center of Samana. Clean, nice, newish. 1500rd night. And it is quiet due to the pinnacle it sits on.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Stayed at Bahia Blanca for about 700 rd per night two people last year. It's in the middle of Samana. walking distance to the malecon. Decent restaurant on the first floor.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Thanks for the replys I wll check them out. If any one has other recomendations please let me know.
Bob K

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Bahia Blanca is a good recommendation, inexpensive and with a good restaurant below. On weekends it fills up, so plan accordingly. Also, you can haggle the price down to 700. Most likely it will start out around 1000rd!

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
That bahia balnca that you found is in Rio San JUan. Its Canadian owned and on the ocean.
The Bahia Blanca in Samana probably doesnt have a website, Dominican owned and operated.
Entering Samana, you will come to a rotunda(round about). Continue into town towards tohe bay. A big field will be on your left, and the back of a new big plaza on your right. Take the road BEHIND the plaza on the left, and Bahia blanca is two buildings in on the left, one block off malecon, caty corner to the firestation(bomberos). Park right on the sidewalk out front, and go upstairs. The fron tow rooms have balconies, but will be noisier.

dahlia

Nov 21, 2006
Hotels in Las Terrenas - Playacolibri

Does anyone know of a nice reasonable priced non AI hotel in the Samana, las Terrenas area for a couple of nights?
Thanks.

Bob K

In Las terrenas you might also try the Playa colibri Hotel (around 65 $ a small appart if I remember well) Playa Colibri Hotel - Oceanfront Apartments in Las Terrenas Dominican Republic nice full equipped appartment on the best beach, nice swimming pool in a calm area not far from the center., That is our favorite place in LT !

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Not sure what your price range is but we loved Hotel Alisei in Las Terrenas, beautifully maintained property and their on site restaurant is excellent.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I believe the hotel in Samana described by gibbs and fightfish is the Bahia View. The Bahia Blanca is indeed in Rio San Juan. I have stayed both places more than once. The location is as described by fightfish.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Not sure what your price range is but we loved Hotel Alisei in Las Terrenas, beautifully maintained property and their on site restaurant is excellent.

Thanks i will check it out. I have heard good reports.

Bob K

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
In Las terrenas you might also try the Playa colibri Hotel (around 65 $ a small appart if I remember well) Playa Colibri Hotel - Oceanfront Apartments in Las Terrenas Dominican Republic nice full equipped appartment on the best beach, nice swimming pool in a calm area not far from the center., That is our favorite place in LT !

Concurr with this. Stayed there twice. Request a room on the East side (left as you face the hotel with your back to the ocean). On the other side there's a street/alley which gets very noisy very early in the morning with motos.

Status
Not open for further replies.