Anyone own an internet cafe?

mamitasalsita

Aug 9, 2007
I was wondering what type of revenue a typical internet cafe generates with 5-10 computer work stations. I know this is a broad question and highly dependent on variables, but I am just looking for a ballpark figure.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I was wondering what type of revenue a typical internet cafe generates with 5-10 computer work stations. I know this is a broad question and highly dependent on variables, but I am just looking for a ballpark figure.
I can't really say, but I can say that from what I've seen, the cafes that appear successful (stay open for years) all have 10+ machines.
So it's my guess that you would need to have that many and enough client?le to keep them busy.
As well, they will dabble in other related things, like printing out documents & photos.
Webcams would be a must, as the folks love to see each other while they chat.
A lot of them have prepaid programs. X amount of minutes during a 1 month period for a given price.
They likely all have headphones too, for Skype and similar programs.
They may have call centers too, with economy long distance calls.
That's all that comes to mind right now, but if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

PS: It is my belief that nobody ever got rich with an internet cafe, but clearly, if done right, one can make a living.