New Member Needs Help

Toddman1

Feb 3, 2008
Hola Folks,

I have been coming to the DR for years. Recently I took a buyout from my Job and have been doing Humanitarian Work with a hospital in La Romana. I really want to move there at least extended part time with a paid job either in Mission work, media or marketing. I have tons of PR experience/have done radio full time on air in Philly and have great sales references too! I am still pretty young,(early 40's) speak some spanish etc. I have contacts there but it's been difficult to get Job info. I would work anywhere Santo Domingo, La Romana etc. I was there in Nov, Dec and January and will be back in March. Does anybody have any suggestions on work contacts? Your help would be appreciated more than you know. Muchos Gracias!

Todd

hubbardt

Feb 15, 2008
Hola Todd.

I may be some help. I work in television in Toronto and my boyfriend works as a tour representative in Punta Cana. He has informed me he has contacts in a television station in Santo Domingo. I will get information for you and keep you posted.

I admire the work you do in La Romana. I would like to move to the DR to be with Fernando. Tell me more about your experience in La Romana. I am very interested. You are working as a volunteer? How long have you been doing that work for?

Also, it is my understanding there is an additional fee if visiting the DR for more than 15 days. Can you tell me more about this? I would like to visit for a month but I am not sure if there is an inexpensive way to do that.

Thanks for your time.

Theresa

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Also, it is my understanding there is an additional fee if visiting the DR for more than 15 days. Can you tell me more about this? I would like to visit for a month but I am not sure if there is an inexpensive way to do that.
The fee to stay for one month is only $300RD. You can find the fee schedule on page 4 of this website.

BTW, Welcome to DR1!

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
The fee to stay for one month is only $300RD. You can find the fee schedule on page 4 of this website.

BTW, Welcome to DR1!

Is that $US10 tourist card that you have to buy, and then turn right back in, on arrival at the airport? I was in Santo Domingo for 27 days in January and that is the only fee I paid.