Best Momma Popa Hotels on Santo Domingo Bch

Kityme

Jan 23, 2008
In late feb. my 1st visit to DR. I dont want to spend too much money on a Hotel. I like quiet, clean and very simple places of rest. On the beach if possible

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Santo Domingo doesn't have any beaches but Hotel Mercure Comercial Sto Domingo is in the Colonial City and is probably in your price range. Check this site.
Hotels Boca Chica ?€“ Boca Chica Countryside-, City- and Vacationhotels ?€“ Boca Chica Hotels with best price guarantee Chica&IsWCTSearch=&inMonth=&inDay=&outMonth=&outDay=&adults=&price=
or Hotels Santo Domingo – Santo Domingo Countryside-, City- and Vacationhotels – Santo Domingo Hotels with best price guarantee Domingo&IsWCTSearch=&inMonth=&inDay=&outMonth=&outDay=&adults=&price=

Kityme

Jan 23, 2008
Santo Domingo doesn't have any beaches but Hotel Mercure Comercial Sto Domingo is in the Colonial City and is probably in your price range. Check this site.
Hotels Boca Chica – Boca Chica Countryside-, City- and Vacationhotels – Boca Chica Hotels with best price guarantee Chica&IsWCTSearch=&inMonth=&inDay=&outMonth=&outDay=&adults=&price=
or Hotels Santo Domingo – Santo Domingo Countryside-, City- and Vacationhotels – Santo Domingo Hotels with best price guarantee Domingo&IsWCTSearch=&inMonth=&inDay=&outMonth=&outDay=&adults=&price=

I thought there were beahes with resorts in Santo Domingo. Well, can you tell me how far is Boca Chica, from SD? I appreciate your response

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It's surprising how many people assume there are beaches in Santo Domingo. It is on the ocean of course, but the shoreline along the entire Malecon and for quite a ways in both directions outside of the city is very rocky and bears no resemblance to what most people would call a beach. Lovely in it's own way, but useless for swimming or sunbathing.