Clothes ; Aeropostale, Nautica etc...

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Anybody knows where to find these and other brand name clothes in the DR?
In Puerto Plata, Santiago or Santo Domingo??

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Anybody knows where to find these and other brand name clothes in the DR?
In Puerto Plata, Santiago or Santo Domingo??
Santiago and Santo Domingo.

In Santiago the Nautica store is on 27 de febrero avenue on the corner with Sadhala. If you know where the Supermercado Nacional and the McDonald's is located along the Sadhala avenue, then simply look across the street from there and you will see the Nautica store.

Other brand name clothes can be found at the Centro Plaza Internacional shopping mall.

In SDQ, head to Acropolis Center and/or Plaza Central. There you will find all sorts of high fashion stores ranging from Oscar de la Renta to Benneton and other high fashion and name brand in sorroundings that are comfortable, clean, and modern.

Expect to pay an extra premium for such clothing.

-NALs

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Santiago and Santo Domingo.

In Santiago the Nautica store is on 27 de febrero avenue on the corner with Sadhala. If you know where the Supermercado Nacional and the McDonald's is located along the Sadhala avenue, then simply look across the street from there and you will see the Nautica store.

Other brand name clothes can be found at the Centro Plaza Internacional shopping mall.

In SDQ, head to Acropolis Center and/or Plaza Central. There you will find all sorts of high fashion stores ranging from Oscar de la Renta to Benneton and other high fashion and name brand in sorroundings that are comfortable, clean, and modern.

Expect to pay an extra premium for such clothing.

-NALs

Thank you NALs!

I expect to pay a premium...hopefully receiving some more month of wear and tear...

I know the places you mention in Santiago, but I am not that familiar with SDQ. Acropolis Center and/or Plaza Central is that Zona Colonial?

I am not interested in Oscar de la Renta, no HIGH fashion..but I have had it with the bad copy brand clothes I have had lately...

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
In Sosua

In Sosua, D'Luismy Sportswear. Aeropostale, Abercrombie, Hollister, Nike, etc. Good prices. Located on Poema Vente just off Pedro Clisante near the Hotel Europa (it's the new entrance to Pedro Clisante from the highway near the Movie Rental). - D

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I know the places you mention in Santiago, but I am not that familiar with SDQ. Acropolis Center and/or Plaza Central is that Zona Colonial?
No, they are in Piantini. Acropolis Center is located at the base of the Citibank tower on Av. Winston Churchill and Rafael Augusto S?nchez street. Once you are on Churchill avenue, you will see the Citibank tower. Its impossible to miss it.

Plaza Central is on Churchill with 27 de febrero behind the Scotiabank office building.

-NALs

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
In Sosua, D'Luismy Sportswear. Aeropostale, Abercrombie, Hollister, Nike, etc. Good prices. Located on Poema Vente just off Pedro Clisante near the Hotel Europa (it's the new entrance to Pedro Clisante from the highway near the Movie Rental). - D

Worked fine ones, helpful girl, decent prices. The last two times...tigere with the thrive to fool a Gringo...naw...better order online for 1/3 of the price and have a friend bring it down.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Worked fine ones, helpful girl, decent prices. The last two times...tigere with the thrive to fool a Gringo...naw...better order online for 1/3 of the price and have a friend bring it down.

I'm sending you a PM. The "tigere" is just an illiterate young Dominican with no social skills (a brother of the "helpful girl"). - D

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
My suggestion if you wish to obtain this at bargain prices book a flight from Puerto Plata to San Juan i think there is a American Eagle flight real early like 7;30AM this will probably cost you right now 163 dollars round trip on special????? you will arrive in San Juan you could rent a car in Target rent a car for 21.99 dollars a day a/c automatic compact streets and expressway are very well marked you could go to Plaza Las Americas there you will have access to the store American Eagle itself as well as Abercrombie & Fitch also Banana republic and Gap and Old Navy if that is too expensive you could go even cheaper go to Belz Factory outlets you have Nautica, Polo, Nike, Gap, Abercrombie at half or even less of the prices you will never get in the D.R. If you want to do 1st world shopping at bargain prices at a 1st world environment with access to all the U.S and international retailers have to offer go to San Juan do your shopping come back in the afternoon!!!

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
My suggestion if you wish to obtain this at bargain prices book a flight from Puerto Plata to San Juan i think there is a American Eagle flight real early like 7;30AM this will probably cost you right now 163 dollars round trip on special????? you will arrive in San Juan you could rent a car in Target rent a car for 21.99 dollars a day a/c automatic compact streets and expressway are very well marked you could go to Plaza Las Americas there you will have access to the store American Eagle itself as well as Abercrombie & Fitch also Banana republic and Gap and Old Navy if that is too expensive you could go even cheaper go to Belz Factory outlets you have Nautica, Polo, Nike, Gap, Abercrombie at half or even less of the prices you will never get in the D.R. If you want to do 1st world shopping at bargain prices at a 1st world environment with access to all the U.S and international retailers have to offer go to San Juan do your shopping come back in the afternoon!!!

Seems like a lot of trouble and expense to go through for a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, or some sneakers. Yes, you might pay a dollar or two more for a Hollister tank top in our store in Sosua or other similar stores in other towns, but the same goes for a tube ot tooth paste or a paperback novel.

At least you didn't have to shovel snow out of your driveway. - D

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Seems like a lot of trouble and expense to go through for a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, or some sneakers. Yes, you might pay a dollar or two more for a Hollister tank top in our store in Sosua or other similar stores in other towns, but the same goes for a tube ot tooth paste or a paperback novel.

At least you didn't have to shovel snow out of your driveway. - D

I was mistaken i thought you wanted to buy allot of cloth and items. Although is still a good idea if you are going to spend 300or plus in items even with plande ticket is still a better to go to San Juan that has all mainland retailers.