Does Santo Domingo have public garbage pick up like in the United States?

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
I am not asking to offend anyone in Santo Domingo. I am trying to pick the best city for me to live in the Dominican Republic when I move there. I definitely need to buy a car once I get back to the Domincan Republic to live permanently.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, most cities and town have regular scheduled garbage pickup. Are you intending to buy a car and then leave it for pick up?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, most cities and towns have regular scheduled garbage pickup. Are you intending to buy a car and then leave it for pick up?

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I?m sorry, but I can?t see the relation between owning a car and regular garbage pick up in a municipality. If you want to use the car to drive, avoid the garbage before pick up. If you want to pick up garbage, then I would buy a pick up. If you want to pick up a good vehicle, then be careful not to buy a piece of garbage. As far as acting like an adult, if I could pick up a decent nanny, I wouldn?t be left outside this grammar school waiting to be picked up. And this school lunch is such garbage......

PLANET924

Jan 31, 2008
garbage pick up

I belive that the person is worry of garbage collection because there will
have there car park in the street. but i think you wont have no problem
if you leave your car in the street.by you having your car park in the street
wont be know problem with the garbage pick up in the area.
thats what i think..

Mercedes

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
No, Santo Domingo does NOT have regular trash pickup just like the US does - it depends where you live. IF you live in a nice area, or along a street where the President or other "important people" pass by every day, they pick it up every night.

If you live in a crappy area, they might come by every 2 weeks or so to pick it up. In these areas, most folks pick a spot, and soon there is a huge pile of neighborhood trash , which begins to smell bad after a day or two, or ten. Yet another reason to check out your prospective new neighborhood, before signing a lease or buying a place.

And one other difference - nobody here, other than some commercial businesses, pays for trash pickup. The local government gets paid by the federal government, the mayor and his cronies take their slice, and whatever is left, is spent to keep trash pickup often enough to avoid news articles. This is best shown by Santo Domingo Oriental, which in most areas has horrible garbage service compared to parts of Santo domingo in the Polygonal.

Matatan55

Mar 6, 2005
Well in DR it depends on the area where you going to leave, but they have garbage collection services.

alloallo3

Jan 27, 2007
as you've discovered,

this forum, like most, is where nerds hang out to insult people they would be afraid to insult in person. They seem to actually regard themselves as clever, which makes it all the more pathetic.

But that's the nature of the web, isn't it?