Tours around Las Galeras; Playa Fronton

Renate

Jan 12, 2007
We'll be staying in Las Galeras for 5 days in mid-march (Hotel Gran Paradise Samana/Casa Marina Bay), and would appreciate tips for daytrips, eg.

- quad rental in LG (contacts?)
- how to get to Playa Fronton (boat?)
- boat shuttle to Playa Rincon offered at regular times?
- tours to El Limon offered from LG?

and anything else which is worth seeing/doing around LG

Thanks!

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Playa Rincon

Playa Rincon is the beach to go to. At the beach in town in Las Galeras there will be boats to take you there. Don't pay for the trip until they come to pick you up but the 4 times we have done this they always come back. It's a short boat trip.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
if you don't speak spanish, then i'd suggest going to las galeras and asking where you can find "haji". he's a pakistani guy who's been there a few years. speaks the language and is a guide. he can handle everything for you. you just give him a good tip at the end of (each) day.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I believe 'haji' is busy doing whale watching trips in Samana. If he isnt around, try asking John, an American bar owner, about anything. His place is RubyChris on the northwest corner with the tipico roof. Im sure he will help.....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I believe 'haji' is busy doing whale watching trips in Samana. If he isnt around, try asking John, an American bar owner, about anything. His place is RubyChris on the northwest corner with the tipico roof. Im sure he will help.....

Is John still at Ruby Cris? I thought he left.

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
There's a guy and girl that rent quads, they actually walk around Casa Marina all the time, theyre easy to find.
I dont know if the guy is the same one everyone else is talking about?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
At the beach in town in Las Galeras there will be boats to take you there. Don't pay for the trip until they come to pick you up

How many pesos or American dollars does a round-trip to the playa cost?

kbstn

Jan 3, 2008
hey just returned from LG 17 awsome days hiked to fronton 2 times about 21/2 hr in and same out well worth the hike with good shoes on and a nice picnic lunch did the hike to madame also nice and a bit easier and shorter beauty is undiscriable the flora and fauna is amazing dont see that on the 20 minute boat ride from CM its about 2 hr hike to fronton

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
cost of boat trip

I forget how much the boat trip costs. Maybe 200 or even 400 pesos - 7-14$

Best thing to do is to bring 100 peso bills with you if you have access to them - and bring enough pesos for lunch or any drinks you may want! 200 or so for lunch.

And languish under the shade of a tree and gaze at one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!

Renate

Jan 12, 2007
Playa Fronton

does anybody offer boat trips from LG to Playa Fronton? from where do they start?