Land for a Baseball Field.

hferre5ras

Feb 6, 2008
I would like to Donate a baseball field to a small town in DR. When i ask the land is sold by Tarea. Can anyone tell me how much Tarea i need for a small Baseball Field?

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
A tarea has either 626 or 629 square meters. it slips my mind at the moment. SO check how many meters are in a baseball field, and that will be your answer. But I must say, nearly every pueblo has some sort of field. Maybe fixing one up, cleaning one up or installing dugouts would be the way to go. Go luck with your generous endeavor.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
629 sq. mt. , or 6 to the acre, or 15.9 to the hectare

I like the idea of fixing up an existing field.

You'd need about 20 tas for a good field...

HB

hferre5ras

Feb 6, 2008
Thanks for the advice, but there's no field on that town. But like i said, The land is sold on Tarea if anyone knows how many Tarea it takes.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Check out sportsknowhow.com for dimensions...The square yardage of an infield within the base lines is 2700 square yards. A yard is 1.14 meters. So for the infield, not from second base to the grass is 4.8934tarea. More info on the above link.

dournails

Dec 19, 2008
Donations for baseball team in miami, florida

Hello, my name is Mercy Suarez, I'm the proud parent of a left pitcher of the age of 15. I was wondering I was reading your forum. You must love baseball, so I decided to write you to see if maybe just maybe, you would like to sponsor my son and his team with a donation of $250.00 for equipment that the pitchers need (arm warmers) or what ever else. I wish I could give it to them myself, but because the equipment is so expensive I can't afford it. So if you could help or know of someone that could, I'd greatly appreciate it. you could contact me at dournails@bellsouth.net or (305)821-7083.

Thank you,
Mercy Suarez

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are kidding, right? Here in the DR kids start off using milk cartons for gloves!! They practice batting with the lids of 5 gallon water bottles and an old broomstick.
And you want somebody from here to send you $250 to help your son?? That's a crock... And, he is a left-handed pitcher....not "left pitcher."

Use old nylon stockings for arm warmers (poor thing, his arm needs warming!!) or wool socks with the toe cut out...Be inventive...

With 250 dollars I can equip a team down here....how about it??

HB

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right HB.
let's make a deal with the poor dad.
he send's us the 1000US which would equip only 4 of that team's boys there and for that we send him back our homemade innovative equipment for the whole team there.
they stay warm and we could fit out more than only one team,
and all just for the cost of 4 players there.
happy holidays
Mike