buses from Sosua to Samana city

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
I am trying to find current info on travel from Sosua to Samana city. Any info on where to catch the bus, how much it costs and what times they depart would be greatly appreciated. We will be leaving Sosua on the 13th of February.

Thanks, and can't wait to see you all in the DR!

Rebecca

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a small bus that goes through Sosua from PP every day to Samana. You can get it at the Transport Center across from the Texaco station. Get there a little before 7AM and it will stop there about 715. It is red and has a sign Samana on it. Just get on and pay the driver. It should be about 150 Pesos.

This same bus goes back in the afternoon.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is a small bus that goes through Sosua from PP every day to Samana. You can get it at the Transport Center across from the Texaco station. Get there a little before 7AM and it will stop there about 715. It is red and has a sign Samana on it. Just get on and pay the driver. It should be about 150 Pesos.

This same bus goes back in the afternoon.
After that, the only other option is public cars and guaguas that will take you at least twice as long, 5 times more uncomfortable and cost 10 times more, so don't miss the Samana bus.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I've been asked that question several times.
Thanks for the info.

One day I was driving someone to the stop in Sosua and the bus went past me. I made a U Turn and chased it down. I just pulled alongside and honked and he stopped and let my friend on.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
One thing to remember about the POP-Samana guagua, Papagallo, is that it gets absoluteluyyjammed packed, especially leaving Samana. So when flagging it down mid route, keept that in mind as it likely will be standing room only!

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
. . . remember about the POP-Samana guagua, Papagallo, is that it gets absoluteluyyjammed packed, especially leaving Samana . . . it likely will be standing room only!

I can vouch for that especially the Saturday before a holiday Monday . . . OUCH! and not only from Samana. I was able to pay a guy five USD for his seat so that my wife had a place to sit or she was going to insist on getting off and calling a taxi. I on the other hand, rather enjoyed it (but I ached for a few days after that trip).

It's Papagayo by the way, and unless they've painted the thing in the last year, or bought a new one, it's closer to purple than red.

Status
Not open for further replies.