Nightclubs in GTA

krazy_4_you

Jun 7, 2003
Hello,

My friend and I are trying to find a nightclub in the GTA with other Dominican people who have moved here - anyone know of any good ones? I have heard Latin Fever was good and a lot of DOminicans there but not sure? any other ones too?

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I heard Latin Fever on Sunday night has a lot of Dominicans, although I haven't been there. (Only on Friday and Saturday and there are some Dominicans there) Magnate is closed, Sunday night at Las Brisas also is closed. Other than that, Latin Fever, Plaza Flamingo and El Rancho are the best choices for Dominicans. Friday night it's younger crowd at El Rancho, Saturday night older and more couples. Dancing starts at 10. At el Rancho around 1:30 you can go over to Plaza without paying the cover charge.

Dancing during the week with lots of salsa:
Monday - Alleycatz
Tuesday - Babaluus or Six Degrees
Wednesday - Babaluus,
Thursday Babaluus (upscale, mix of music), El Rancho.
Friday - Latin Fever, Acrobat Lounge, Babaluus, El Rancho, Plaza Flamingo, Mana for lots of Reggaeton and young Latin crowd, El Convento Rico (a Latin, gay friendly club) Lula Lounge (Cuban night live music)
Saturday - Latin fever, El Rancho, Plaza Flamingo, Mana, El Convento Rico, Lula Lounge ( live music), El Convento Rico (with drag queens at midnight)

SalsaTO.ca - home

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
safe places

About el Rancho I can tell is the best place so far, is safe enogh that they dont even security check at the door like look at for any guns or any weird stuff that I know, people clear know that this is the only decent place right in down town where they play mix music, merengue, bachata, salsa, reggaeton, etc. crowds you most see in there are ages 25+

Babaluu, I can call it "Salsa Club" 98% of the music played is Salsa and not every kind of Salsa. if you are Dominican salsa maniac this is Not the right place for you because it not even the clasic salsa you hear in Puerto Rico, NYC, Miami, Santo Domingo, San Pedro or La Romana.

I got Cubans friends complaining about the salsa played in that place.

Those DJs I dont think they go out to other clubs to listen what's out there you can play known music.

Latin Fever last time I heard about this place was closed for renovation due that was a big fight Dominicans Vs Salvadorians.

Magnate: Just that Police are always outside I guest waiting for the fight to be break.

Convento Rico, kind of gay club but there are more straight people than gay they really have good MIX music, just dont mess with then.

New Dominicans Do not expect this artist to be played by a Djs here in nigh out GTA, hey what ever they play is better than nothing but do not expect a lot.

Tono Rosario
Hector Acosta (El Torito)
Fernando Villalona
Raulin Rodriguez
Yoskar
Frank Reyes
Raulin Rosendo
Luis miguel del Amargue
Juan luis Guerra

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
El Rancho plays a pretty good mix of mernengue, bachata and salsa. We usually go downstairs...best after 10:30....

We also go to Palazzo (used to be Sin City) in Concord. they often have Dominican concerts. Saw Monchy y Alexandra and Joe Veras there last year....I heard Aventura was suppose to come in 2008.;)

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
ouu la la Aventura!! you must keep us posted on that one if you hear more!!

krazy_4_you

Jun 7, 2003
my friend and I are between the ages of 22-25 which nightclub do you suggest would be best? I guess the younger crowds would be better..which nights for each nightclub?

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Friday night - Plaza Flamingo at College & Bathurst Plaza Flamingo.com
Saturday night, Plaza Flamingo or Mana (reggaeton, bachata, merengue, salsa, samba, hip hop) on College Mana Bar & Lounge
Sunday - Latin Fever

I think those are best for your age group, look at the photo galleries and then when you go ask people there.

krazy_4_you

Jun 7, 2003
Thanks very much - we will have to check these out.. any other ones please feel free to let me know...we're game to try out all the ones around!

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I found this event at Latin Fever on the 17 of Feb. The debut of a female bachata group -- Pasion. That's a long weekend, so it'll be packed.

PREZENT PRODUCTIONS

I'll be dancing..... in Santiago!! :)