real estate help

L

Laura

I am looking at some land on the north coast ocean front and need a little help. I would like to know the cost of a well and septic and any permits involved. I have been told it is cheep but no ball park figure as yet.I donn't need to be giving away money just because i am American.I would like some answers just on the line not well tell you it is cheep. And if anyone knows any permits to build a small home 1300 sq ft or so.

D

Duck

I'm almost finished building a hose about that size.

In Montecristi we paid RDP 1.500 for pipes, RDP 500 for labor, RDP 2,500 for the association fee (group of neighbors who chipped in for the water main) and RDP 270 for opening the water contract with INAPA.

Building permit: RDP 1.750

Cistern: RDP 3.500 for digging, RDP 5.000 labor, ca. RDP 10.000 for materials (with shed above cistern - cistern is huge 2m x 2m x 3m deep)

Septic: RDP 6.500 Labor, RDP 3.000 Material, RDP 1.400 div (soil compactor etc)

I was just doing my bills before I went onto the board so I had the numbers handy.

Words of caution - don't buy anything too close to the water, if the land has anything to do with "Ayuntamiento" leave it alone, and if you can't be present throughout the construction, think about buying the land if its a good deal and wait to build until you have time.

For what I've paid up to now for my house, I could have put an 80% downpayment on the same place in southern Fla. If I count in the wear & tear on my nerves, I could have the same place in so. Fla. with a pool. Anyway, no risk no fun - the taxes in the DR are less, and I've got a lot of stories to tell. The beer and rum in DR is better than american beer & rum, so I have that to look forward to when I move there in 15 years.

Good luck!