directions to Nagua

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hi everyone ,,,,
I was just wondering ,,about a place called Nagua???? How far is Nagua from Cabarete????? How would one travel to Nagua??? by bus? taxi?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
From Cabarete is reallly easy. Just go East on the main road right next to the ocean all the way to Nagua. It should be about 1 hour or so...

On the way you will pass, Cabrera, Rio San Juan (Where Laguina Gri Gri is), etc...

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Nagua?

Hi everyone ,,,,
I was just wondering ,,about a place called Nagua???? How far is Nagua from Cabarete????? How would one travel to Nagua??? by bus? taxi?

. . . and I'm curious: Why go to Nagua? Or is that an indiscrete question?

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
I was asking about Nagua ,,as when i was recently in the Dominican Republc ,a new friend talked about taking me to meet his family in NAgua,,It was my first time in the Dr and i was not sure of the geography or even where Nagua was.... I was not comfortable travelling without knowing a thing about where i would be going...

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
I was asking about Nagua ,,as when i was recently in the Dominican Republc ,a new friend talked about taking me to meet his family in NAgua,,It was my first time in the Dr and i was not sure of the geography or even where Nagua was.... I was not comfortable travelling without knowing a thing about where i would be going...

Wise choice, and hopefully you know something about your new friend...???

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If your friends family live in Nagua, wouldnt he know how to get there?:ermm:
Since you mention that this was your first trip to the DR, it would be wise to enlighten yourself and read the Sankie 101 forum.

PS Is this the same friend for whom you are making passport enquiries? ;)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
MCI Trip

...a new friend talked about taking me to meet his family in NAgua...

That's good.
As he will take you there, you won't get lost.
I like the idea that he wants to introduce you to his family.
Isn't that sweet...?

BTW, let him get a taxi, which is much better than the guagua bus.
(I guess, he won't have a problem to come up with the mere 100 US$ for the fare.)

m'frog

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Goodness cant the girl ask a decent enough question without all you DOMs attacking/making fun of her. Lay off.

Isnt it the responsibility of seasoned posters to caution newbies before they make a mistake they could possibly live to regret?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Awesome Hospitality

Isnt it the responsibility of seasoned posters to caution newbies before they make a mistake they could possibly live to regret?
Hmm, I don't know.

I think there's nothing wrong in meeting his family.
A gringa is always welcome at their home, I am sure.
Given the Dominican hospitality his sister will readily sleep at a neighbour's house for one or two nights so that Elizabeth can stay overnight. No problem.

Going back to Cabarete the same day would not be possible I think...

m'frog

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hmm, I don't know.

I think there's nothing wrong in meeting his family.
A gringa is always welcome at their home, I am sure.
Given the Dominican hospitality his sister will readily sleep at a neighbour's house for one or two nights so that Elizabeth can stay overnight. No problem.

Going back to Cabarete the same day would not be possible I think...

m'frog

LOL;)....unless the taxi driver hangs out with them for the day!

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Well look at all the responses,,,, and some not so nice... Inquiring minds want to know,,its good to ask questions,I am not planning any return trips ,,i was just curious,,,,I am quite aware a friend made on vacation is just that,,,,,Thank you to everyone who answered my silly questions.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you do go I strongly suggest stopping for a swim at Blu Lake. This is a cave with cyrstal clear water that you can swim in. Really an amazing sight. Not many people know this place.

It is on the South side between Rio S. Juan and Nagua. There is a sign. Also before it is another kind of interesting place if you want to make like Tarzan. It is called something Shower. It is a lake that is very deep and they have a tree that is set up with a secure rope that you can swing in to the lake form about 25 or 30 feet up. There is a sign also there.