buying a new Jeep in DR?

seba17

Feb 15, 2008
I am looking to buy a new (or good used one) Jeep? Anybody can suggest a dealer in the country? thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A 'real' Jeep or an SUV, jeep-like vehicle??
Tons of dealers all over. Look in the Classifieds in the Listin Diario for price lines..

Do not ever believe the mileages quoted...

HB

seba17

Feb 15, 2008
yes I am looking for a JEEP (a Cherokee or others ones of the same brand) to buy new or used. Can't find a authorized dealer of new ones

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Many people in the D.R. do not understand that Jeep is a trade name and does not include every SUV.

DR1 members helped me, when I asked for a real authorized Jeep dealer/service.

Reid & Compania. On the south side of John F Kennedy expressway. Close to Lope de Vega in Santo Domingo. 809-562-7211

I have not gone to them yet, so can not provide any other detail.

Give a call or visit them and let us know. I will be going down in the next few weeks.

Regards, Ringo

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
yes I am looking for a JEEP (a Cherokee or others ones of the same brand) to buy new or used. Can't find a authorized dealer of new ones

Seba,
I don't know if the quality of the Cherokees has changed, but I drove a couple for a while back in 2000-2001 and would not recommend them based on my experience then. After only 2 years, the suspensions were horrible and seemed we were forever taking them to the shop for brake work & misc suspension repairs. The rattles and other noises they made - well, don't get me started.

Decent vehicles in the U.S. but on anything less than perfect roads... well, I think you can do better here. Toyota & Honda would be my recommendations; they hold up well and parts/repair readily available should you need them.