Looking for new friends

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
I am moving to the DR in a few weeks time around the Sosua area.

Anyone out there that can me me a few hints and tips on where to go for shopping - house furniture - kitchen equipment - cars etc?

Grandamajen

A

apostropheman

Welcome to DR1! (and the DR :D)

Anyone out there that can me me a few hints and tips on where to go for shopping - house furniture - kitchen equipment - cars etc?

Grandamajen
There are many, many threads here that will give you answers to your questions. May I suggest searching and reading some of what is already posted. Then returning with any specific questions you might still have?

Will you have the use of a vehicle?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

Grandamajen
Cars & furniture I can help you with, but furniture's a bit tougher.
It really depends on what you're looking for.
There are a couple of decent places for furniture right here in Sosua.
The rest is in Santiago and Moca for the best deals.

j.ciriaco

Feb 12, 2008
Hello, can I suggest that the best place to buy is in Santo Domingo, Santiago, and so on. In the tourist zones around is more expensive. Once in Santo Domingo can visit many historical sites, the colonial city, the center, our beach of Boca Chica. Anything else to say, please contact me.

J.ciriaco @ hotmail.com

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello, can I suggest that the best place to buy is in Santo Domingo, Santiago, and so on. In the tourist zones around is more expensive. Once in Santo Domingo can visit many historical sites, the colonial city, the center, our beach of Boca Chica. Anything else to say, please contact me.

J.ciriaco @ hotmail.com
You're kidding, right?

j.ciriaco

Feb 12, 2008
The Club Rolling Stone in Boca Chica

This winter I was sensational two weeks in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic, in a small hotel CRS (Club Rolling Stone)-Not all inclusived, very comfortable and convenient close to the beach. I loved the place so that it is cheap, close to him there are many interesting things to visit, restaurant, bars, and places of entertainment, gift shop (Bar / Restaurant Boat House Restaurant Maurus), and other interesting things to see and enjoy. The beach with its white sand and crystal clear waters, quiet are conducive for water sports and for children is safe to be there. Simply a welcoming place and that comes cheap travel, the International Airport of the Americas is only 15 minutes from Boca Chica, I invite you to visit. ;) J.ciriaco

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This winter I was sensational two weeks in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic, in a small hotel CRS (Club Rolling Stone)-Not all inclusived, very comfortable and convenient close to the beach. I loved the place so that it is cheap, close to him there are many interesting things to visit, restaurant, bars, and places of entertainment, gift shop (Bar / Restaurant Boat House Restaurant Maurus), and other interesting things to see and enjoy. The beach with its white sand and crystal clear waters, quiet are conducive for water sports and for children is safe to be there. Simply a welcoming place and that comes cheap travel, the International Airport of the Americas is only 15 minutes from Boca Chica, I invite you to visit. ;) J.ciriaco
You don't happen to own or work at this CRS club, do you?

J

John Evans

kitchen equipment would be gonzales in puerto plata or la serena in santiago and a few other places (dont expect your toaster to last more than 6 months)
Perhaps bringing some items with you might be a better idea