Legend of the Seas-- so many terrible reviews!

fred20036

Feb 17, 2008
In anticipation of my upcoming cruise on Legend of the Seas I have been reading the various online reviews, as I have always done in the past. But I'm both anxious and shocked: all the reviews are universally terrible. No matter what cruise site you read, you keep reading about rude and obnoxious people, unruly children and Dominicans jumping ship in droves. Does anyone have any insights as to what is going on? Are they giving free cabins to tigres? And what is it about these destructive kids I keep reading about. Gosh, I hope I did not make a mistake booking this cruise.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I had booked to go on this cruise ina couple of weeks with my Dominican husband and 2 dominican step kids. Due to the fact that around 60 dominicans jumped ship in Guadaloupe Dominicans now need visas and hence we cannot go. I am sure that this will affect many dominicans who booked so I expect you will find an empty ship!!! It is true that normally if you find many dominicans en masse things will be lively!!! But I am sure it will now be fine and very quiet with the new visa requirement. I hope you enjoy - I am sad we can't go!!!

Matilda

fred20036

Feb 17, 2008
I had booked to go on this cruise ina couple of weeks with my Dominican husband and 2 dominican step kids. Due to the fact that around 60 dominicans jumped ship in Guadaloupe Dominicans now need visas and hence we cannot go. I am sure that this will affect many dominicans who booked so I expect you will find an empty ship!!! It is true that normally if you find many dominicans en masse things will be lively!!! But I am sure it will now be fine and very quiet with the new visa requirement. I hope you enjoy - I am sad we can't go!!!

Matilda

Matilda- thanks for the info.

I'm so sorry that you won't be able to go. I was just floored as to the reason for so many bad reviews, in so many different websites. At first, I thought it might be the "ugly gringo thing" but then I started seeing bad reviews across the board-- even from Dominicans and other Latins. I hope they work this out. It would be a shame if the cruise ship industry got screwed up again in the DR. I read a report that the typical cruise passenger who comes the day before will spend on average $200 in goods and services.

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
I wish you luck and a safe trip

We took the Legend over New Year's eve and I feel it was a total waste of our money, the Dominican people made it that way. Sad to say..... I was born in the DR!!! I was told by a friend who came back last Sunday that the situation with Dominicans was still bad,,, but nothing near to what we experienced. At least they didn't get the kids running-knocking on the door after midnight, but there were some spoiled litlle brats around the pool.

Having said that... the ship is old but in great shape,,, the crew goes out of their way to make up for the ship's age.

Our room was great, they had all kinds of little details, like ice, extra pillows and blankets once they noticed our baby, the ship schedule in Spanish and English every day and things like that.

Food was good, great smoke salmon every morning. However I recomend you eat all your meals at the Romeo & Juliet,,,,the Windjammer is good for BBQ in the afternoon,I don't like the idea of getting up to get my own food while on holidays,,, I enjoy being served. Just my recomendation.

Also order your wine/soda package....great savings!!!!!!

CB

fred20036

Feb 17, 2008
I still wonder who these Dominicans-from-hell are I keep reading about in the Legend of the Seas reviews. When I sailed on Liberty of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas there were many Dominicans and they were nice, pleasant and waited patiently in line like everyone else. And the kids were adorable and well-behaved. That is why I was wondering if they are loading this ship with tigres and vira-latas, unless societal norms are different when a cruise leaves from the DR itself.