Waiting for packet from the American consulate

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I am waiting for the the packet that the American consulate send for the Inmigrant Visa interview,as I'm on the waiting list for March I had been calling and visiting the Santiago Post office every week. I called the consulated one month ago and I was talked that they send the packege on Dic. 21th. Yesterday I heard a news on a popular radio station that the principal of santiago post office cacthed some of the employs requesting money to people to give them the packet.
What can I do ? I need those documents to go for the medical exams in la clinica Abreu in S.D. in no more thant tow weeks.

JJ.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am waiting for the the packet that the American consulate send for the Inmigrant Visa interview,as I'm on the waiting list for March I had been calling and visiting the Santiago Post office every week. I called the consulated one month ago and I was talked that they send the packege on Dic. 21th. Yesterday I heard a news on a popular radio station that the principal of santiago post office cacthed some of the employs requesting money to people to give them the packet.
What can I do ? I need those documents to go for the medical exams in la clinica Abreu in S.D. in no more thant tow weeks.

JJ.
Your time is slowly running out. I would make 1 more visit to the post office and insist that they search for it "Happened to me before and it was in someone else's box" Then go to Rocky's plan B ASAP.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Probably a silly question but did you check with the sender which address they put on your package? It would be most unlike the Dominican Consulate office of ANY country to use the DR postal service. Where is the package coming from? Which Consulate office is sending the package to you? Could it be (if outside of the country) that it was sent direct to the American Consulate in the American Embassy? ~ Grahame.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
Request that the consulate issue you a new appointment letter . I believe it can be picked up 2 weeks before your cita . ( interview date ) Possible window 27
If they will not reissue the letter , or give you any problems , contact your local Congressman .

You only need the blue appt letter for the medical and to pay Banco Popular .

ALL FORMS CAN BE DOWN LOADED ONLINE THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR INTERVIEW.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Request that the consulate issue you a new appointment letter . I believe it can be picked up 2 weeks before your cita . ( interview date ) Possible window 27
If they will not reissue the letter , or give you any problems , contact your local Congressman .

You only need the blue appt letter for the medical and to pay Banco Popular .

ALL FORMS CAN BE DOWN LOADED ONLINE THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR INTERVIEW.

Do you have a link that you can post?

That would be very helpful thanks

ScottC

Feb 20, 2008
3 weeks prior to your interview you may request an additional package from the embassy, all the forms that you will need for your interview are available on-line, you only need the appointment letter for the medical exam and to pay the Banco Popular fee, everything else can be done before hand

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
You can download the forms at Http://www.state.govm/a/dir/forms/

You should find every thing you need . Some forms can be saved , some can not .

Good luck

All except the appointment letter (which you need to get in the consulate AND to do the medical exam). Without that appointment letter, no visa. You can arrange to pick one up 15 days before your interview as Scott has mentioned.

-Tim

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I called the consulate past week, I picked up the appointment letter yesterday afternoon 1:00 pm. at casilla 26, stayed in S.D. And today 6:00 am. I was making the line for the medicals exams. 9:00 am. I was ready going back home.

thanks for your help.

JJ.