This Friday Huelga in Cabarete !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

windfinder

May 28, 2007
Locals will go on the streets this friday in Cabarete, and most likely they will block the Cabarete road in hopes that the road works will start again.
Be prepared not being able to pass through Cabarete.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Locals will go on the streets this friday in Cabarete, and most likely they will block the Cabarete road in hopes that the road works will start again.
Thank you for letting us know.
If there are any changes, please advise.
Gracias.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I think we should start a huelga (strike) in Las Terrenas too !!!
:)

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I feel like joining these people, my car has already started having problems with the state of the road, theyve already dug it up 3 times and then on the way through this evening, theyve started digging up the road again on the only good little bit of tarmac on the other side. You cant get out of your car without being sprayed with dust from lorries. I feel sorry for the shopkeepers, their merchandise inside the shops are really being damaged with grime and dust. Its disgraceful. That govenor is a crook, he has the funds!!!! He also has the funds for the supply trucks to help the poor people and in Cabarete and Sosua they have distributed NOTHING. If you travel in other areas you will see the military distributing food and aid to the poor regularly and we havent seen one in C and S. I am so angry its best not to write more at present.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That govenor is a crook, he has the funds!!
You may want to ask for this part to be deleted, as it's not only libelous, but it would come under the criminal laws of "infamacion injurio", punishable by prison sentences.
Perhaps a mod can delete it for you.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004

Maybe the tourists should join the locals for a bigger impact!
The road in Cabarete is disgusting, full of muck after rain and dusty and bumpy at all other times.
It must leave a really "great impression" for a visitor. Will they come back?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
You may want to ask for this part to be deleted, as it's not only libelous, but it would come under the criminal laws of "infamacion injurio", punishable by prison sentences.
Perhaps a mod can delete it for you.

Thank you for the advice Rocky but Im not concerned, the Commandante is as angry as I am and so are the senior fiscals Jesus and Jose, especially about the funds for the food supplied by central government. I doubt very much how he would be able to explain why no repairs have been done to the road in Cabarete and why there has been no aid whatsoever to the folk after both storms and the food supplies. Facts cannot be considered libelous.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Maybe the tourists should join the locals for a bigger impact!
The road in Cabarete is disgusting, full of muck after rain and dusty and bumpy at all other times.
It must leave a really "great impression" for a visitor. Will they come back?

As you leave Cabarete going East its even worse. I travel it nearly every day and I feel sorry for those people who think they have come to their paradise isle on holiday and see them struggle to cross the road through the muck, dust, and even worse mud and water when it rains. Those I have spoken to have said they will never come back and some have been coming here for years. They have really hurt Cabaretes businesses and hotels. No wonder they stopped Leonel coming here on his recent visit.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Facts cannot be considered libelous.
You would need proof that he is, as you said,
That govenor is a crook
to be able to squelch a libel suit.
So unless you have evidence of him stealing, it may be wise to ask a mod to remove those statements.
As I mentioned before, even if you were able to prove at a later date that your allegations were factual, you could still be arrested in the meantime for "Infamacion Injurio" and detained in jail.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
To ???. Many of us march to our own drum. When the drum beat goes into full beat, we tend to join the rhythm with full gusto and over exuberates. So be it.

May each of us find and march to our own drum and be responsible for our own steps.

Watching the lunar aclisps, me

(In short, different drummers.)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To ???. Many of us march to our own drum. When the drum beat goes into full beat, we tend to join the rhythm with full gusto and over exuberates. So be it.

May each of us find and march to our own drum and be responsible for our own steps.

Watching the lunar aclisps, me

(In short, different drummers.)
Was this post meant for another thread?
I can't see the relevance to this one.
Or... is it Mr. Brugal talking?

A

apostropheman

Dear LB,

You may not be concerned but perhaps you should be. Granted unsolicited advice may not have been what you were after but I doubt it was given lightly and should be given careful consideration before being tossed aside.

I'll add a little of my own to the mix for good measure.

I know a resident of the DR, expat, that caught
an employee stealing, taking cash from the cash box. There were other witnesses. She was fired and she had him thrown in jail for calling her a thief. Even though she was caught, red handed, in front of witnesses he was still, temporarily, put in jail because of her accusation. Once the truth came out he was released but none the less had to spend time in a DR jail which is not a pleasant experience. Especially since he had not done anything wrong but had only been accused.

You often portray yourself, online, as someone "in the know" yet when it comes to reality you do not seem to understand some of the more basic concepts of life in the DR. I'm not sure how anyone could take your posts seriously once they ascertain that you post about breaking the law yet are too foolish to heed sound advice from someone with almost two decades of experience living in the DR.
Thank you for the advice Rocky but Im not concerned, the Commandante is as angry as I am and so are the senior fiscals Jesus and Jose, especially about the funds for the food supplied by central government. I doubt very much how he would be able to explain why no repairs have been done to the road in Cabarete and why there has been no aid whatsoever to the folk after both storms and the food supplies. Facts cannot be considered libelous.

A

apostropheman

this car? ;)
I am considering selling my Jeep, its in good condition, Toyota Rav 4, pm me if you are interested.
I feel like joining these people, my car has already started having problems with the state of the road, theyve already dug it up 3 times and then on the way through this evening, theyve started digging up the road again on the only good little bit of tarmac on the other side. You cant get out of your car without being sprayed with dust from lorries. I feel sorry for the shopkeepers, their merchandise inside the shops are really being damaged with grime and dust. Its disgraceful. That govenor is a crook, he has the funds!!!! He also has the funds for the supply trucks to help the poor people and in Cabarete and Sosua they have distributed NOTHING. If you travel in other areas you will see the military distributing food and aid to the poor regularly and we havent seen one in C and S. I am so angry its best not to write more at present.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
yes my dear and the jeep is in good condition but it is starting to experience a ball joint problem on one side, this can be repaired. I hope your balljoints have the same opportunity, but I expect they have shrunken too much for you to notice.

A

apostropheman

Ouch! :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
yes my dear and the jeep is in good condition but it is starting to experience a ball joint problem on one side, this can be repaired. I hope your balljoints have the same opportunity, but I expect they have shrunken too much for you to notice.
Kindly keep your claws away from my ball joints! ;)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ladybird..

Would you please be truthfull. In another thread, you have an different SUV that is NOT A "JEEP". Please be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.