Jet Blue JFK to POP

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Hi all,

Just booked with Jet Blue from New York's JFK to Puerto Plata $305.40 round trip including all taxes.

Leaving March 4th returning April 3rd. Had to play around with the dates to get the lowest fare ($89 each way before taxes, etc.) Otherwise the fares are as high as over $200 each way.

Continental from Newark to Puerto Plata, same price, same navigation, play around with the dates and it works.

Can't wait to get there and warm my bones.

Regards
Ro

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
About double that if you book the round trip from POP to JFK. Checked on this yesterday while doing some planning for a July visit to the US

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Hi Ken,

You really have to know how to maneuver the websites of the airlines. The easiest way is to click on the link that says + or - 3 days, or dates flexible. There is such a big difference in fares, depending on the day. I am flying JFK to POP but it took some time to find the lowest fares.

When I use American (which doesn't fly non stop into POP anymore) after I find the flight there's a link to click to see what the lowest fare is, and sometimes it's not a bad schedule.

I just booked a flight for my daughter, shuttle flight from DC to LaGuardia. It showed to be $206 round trip, not a bad fare, and when I went to buy it it said there was a fare change and it was $438! I hit the back button and chose a different flight, one hour earlier, and it said $206, I went to buy it and could do so at $206!

We need to have patience, perseverence, and commitment to get where we want to go.

Regards
Ro

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
book between 12 AM and 1 AM on Tue night - that's when the inventory is being deeply discounted ,as much as 50% less than during the day

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Just to clear up any confusion........

book between 12 AM and 1 AM on Tue night - that's when the inventory is being deeply discounted ,as much as 50% less than during the day

......would that be Wednesday morning?????

Thanks

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'm flying Jet Blue for the first time next week. Does anyone know if this airline gives tourist cards on the plane? Or do I need to stand in line in POP?

Thx
Ro

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I'm flying Jet Blue for the first time next week. Does anyone know if this airline gives tourist cards on the plane? Or do I need to stand in line in POP?

Thx
Ro

No they dont. You will need to purchase one for US$ 10 when you arrive into POP.

You are in for a treat...they are the best airline IMO. Safe travels and enjoy!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks for your quick reply and good wishes.

Can't wait to get there; already have a tennis game for Wednesday morning.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

Thx
Ro

Always ask for the tourist card at check in, in the USA. If they have them it will save you that extra wait.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Well,

......a friend and I tried that tonight/this morning and had 6 dates from May through September to try and the prices DID NOT CHANGE AT ALL.......on any of therm..................so much for that..............

We tried at 12:00 / 1:00 / 3:00 and just now at 4:30............