window shades

cherokee

Jan 20, 2007
My wife and i will be in Santiago in a couple of weeks and would like to buy some shades for our windows { bamboo or rice paper} also some shades for the exterior balconys ,to filter the HOT sun, any suggestions on where to go?

Thanks so much,cherokee

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
You might try Plaza International $$$$$. Just up from the Metro station. The main 2 places I check first for stuff are Hacha and Ocoha.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Certainly Ochoa and maybe PriceSmart...

Interesting, we had an awning made for the pack part of our sitting area, I think I'll ask the Boss where she had it done. Or the Architect ....think HB, think!!
You are welcome to stop by and see what we did...
HB

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
HB does that awning help prevent water entering through the window. Any other benifets of having an awning. My wife seems to think that would solve our issue's. But we've only been married 37 years, not sure if it's going to work out, we probably need more time. thanks Phil

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, we've been legal for over 41, so I know what you mean. the answer is yes, if they had done it my way.

Ours does not have "flashing" which would prevent water from coming down the wall and filtering between t he awning and the building....so it drips....A bit of copper or even tin flashing would solve the prob=lem....

HB