Dominican woman needed 4 domestic help

erika99

Feb 26, 2008
my maternal family is from DR. family name Jimenes, Pres. Jimenes was my grandmother's uncle actually. "Nana" is getting older and not well. She will be coming to live with me and my 2 children.

I am looking for household help from a Dominican lady who can cook dominican foods, can teach my children about our culture. I was not taught anything about the Dominican Republic culture and traditions by mother and wish for my children to know their culture.

I'm thinking this is an au pair/elder companion type situation.
This is a live in position. I have very nice home, latest renovations, in ground pool etc. possible car to use..etc.

Really looking for the right person to become "one of the family". Would be willing to sponsor. I live in long island, New york. about 45 minutes from NYC.

Where should I look to find some one who might be interested in a position like this?

Jan 5, 2006
I would start by asking friends for possible referrals. You can also try the local churches, or those of the towns closest to you that may have a larger Dominican presence. Good luck!

ardelina

Jan 14, 2008
man, just post an ad en el diario la prensa. so many freaking dominicans in the ny area, u shouldnt have a problem finding one. malo es pa nosotros que estamso on the west coast. aqui si no hay domicanos ni de chiste. just place an ad en el diario la prensa.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The request was posted in February and the OP has not been back: she has probably already found a person.