few questions about the flight

Andrew_S

Feb 27, 2008
Hello, dear community!

I am new there and want to ask a few questions.
I want to visit DR and now looking for airways that flying from Frankfurt, DE. I preffer to buy one way ticket since I don't know exact time that I will stay. Is it possible? For example Condor offers only roundtrip tickets.

Looking for reply. Thanks.

SantoRob

Dec 16, 2007
If flying from the US

If you fly from the US you much purchase a round-trip ticket. I think all airlines require this as it is an immigration/tourist issue. My only recommendation for this is purchasing a roundtrip, then call the airline have change the return trip to a full fare changeable/refundable ticket. As soon as you get to the DR call and cancel the return part of the flight. You get a refund. Then when you know when you will be returning get a new ticket.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hello, dear community!

I am new there and want to ask a few questions.
I want to visit DR and now looking for airways that flying from Frankfurt, DE. I preffer to buy one way ticket since I don't know exact time that I will stay. Is it possible? For example Condor offers only roundtrip tickets.

Looking for reply. Thanks.

Most airlines allow you to adjust your return date for a small fee. You do this after you arrive at least a week or two before you are scheduled to go back. My son just did this in China with Air Canada extending his ticket for nine months. This is usually between 25-50 dollars. I believe most charter do not offer this but check. Usually return tickets are required by the country you are entering and sometimes cheaper than one way tickets.

Jan 5, 2006
As bob saunders pointed out, most airlines allow date changes.

One word of caution though... Check the exact regulations for your ticket prior to purchasing it, as the change fee and the time that you have to use the remaining part of the ticket varies according to the fare class that you initially book.

Andrew_S

Feb 27, 2008
Thank you. I will try to do it with Condor.

Anyway, is there any other airlines that flies from Frankfurt, Germany?