Cap Cana Championship Accomodations Required

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Three of us from Sosua have volunteered to be marshals for the upcoming Cap Cana Championships. We are in need of affordable lodging for our stay. Any small non all-inclusive options near Cap Cana? Meals are being provided by the tournament so a place to sleep is all that is really needed. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated...Thanks Tom

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Tom, near Cap Cana is nothing affordable, you have to travel every day from accomodations to Cap Cana, i hope you guys bring your own car.
Cap Cana is the south end of the so called Punta Cana area, right aside is the Punta Cana Marina, Punta Cana Resort & Club, Tortuga Bay and Corales Punta Cana, all non-AI and all top notch, means expensive(i.e. small Presidente RD$160.-).
so the nearest spot(15-20 minutes drive one way) would be Veron, there you could stay at the hotel of the Parador Punta Cana, rooms are around $60.- per night, clean rooms, save facility, nothing luxurious or special.
otherwise you would need to stay in the Bavaro Area, i.e. in El Cortecito at the Cortecito Inn, rooms $60.- per night per room(you can be 2 in one room for the same rate), poolside breakfast included, and also in El Cortecito, across the street from the Cortecito Inn is the little family run guest house La Posada de Piedra, rooms also around $60.- per night.
if you find the time step by at the Punta Cana Marina and say hello, i have always some cold ones available(don't worry, not for the above mentioned RD$160.-, lol).
good luck
Mike

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I recommend you reserve now before rates start going up! The area will be full for those dates but so far reservations aren't pouring in yet. I feel sorry for the folks that are going to show up thinking they'll be able to find something at the last minute...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Kate,
you know for the right rate i have always a boat cabin available right at your resort down at the Marina, airconditioned, cable TV, full kitchen, close to an high end all inclusive, he he, so send the late bookers down to the piers to me.
have fun
Mike