1-Night Stay in POP Suggestions?

eurotravguy

Feb 27, 2008
I want to stay in POP area for 1-night before driving to my final destination.

I've checked some of the reccomended resorts/hotels, but they have 3 night minumum stay.

Any suggestions of where to stay for 1-night. Under $200USD.

:sleep:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I stayed in Hotel Montesilva, very nice place, great people, clean and safe at about 25/30$ per night, with pool.

Address; Av. Luis Ginebra and Calle La Estancia, Tel:1-(809)320-0205

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It would help to know where your final destination is. For example, if you are going East to Samana, you would not want to travel 20 minutes in the opposite direction to Puerto Plata when there are numerous options in Sosua or Cabarete which are on your way. Sosua is closer to the airport than Puerto Plata.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Puerto Plata would then be on your way. Most of the options I know for 1 night will be well below your stated price range (and perhaps your standards as well). Montesilva is fine IMHO, but it as a nice little budget hotel. Others in the same price range would be Larmar or PP Beach Resort on the Malecon, Portofino on Hermanas Mirabel or my favorite, the apartementes in the Gran Hotel y Cabanas Turistica Sensacion, which are on the N Coast Hwy near Cofresi (but they do not take reservations). I am not very familiar with the more upscale non-AI hotels. Hopefully planner will read this and chime in, or perhaps you could PM her.

Another option if you are "so inclined";) is the Crystal's Mustang Ranch across from the Playa Dorada complex, where I believe you could get one night with meals, drinks and "something extra" for about 200.:bunny:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
After reading the purpose for your trip on another thread I'm thinking maybe the "ranch" might not be conducive for the last night before presenting a couple's seminar.:eek: