Holy Week in Punta Cana

VegasHo

Feb 28, 2008
Hi, 4 of us (4 single guys) are heading to Punta Cana during the Holy Week.
I was wondering if there are any crazy parties to make sure we go to during this Holy Week? If there are special events around or festivities to attend.
Also for 4 singles guys, will it be a good destination to meet :bunny:women or should we find ourselves a different place to go party and get some sun?
Any special beaches that might not get taken over by locals that any of you know?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If "locals" are a problem for you, perhaps you are better off vacationing in your own country!

You may not be aware but this is in fact THEIR country...which entitles them to hang out and party on their beaches during Semana Santa.

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi Guys,

During holy week, wherever you are, if there is a beach there, Dominicans will be there.

Happy Days.

VegasHo

Feb 28, 2008
No problem with locals-Holy Week

All 4 of us have no problems with any locals from any country, I am simply asking if there are any beaches that are a "secret", and about the parties, one of the reasons we are going to the DR during this week is that we know there will be alot of locals everywhere, but would like to know a little more about where to party, what beaches to hit, all the good stuff. I cant wait to be with the locals, just looking for additional information. If you have any that is constructive it would be appreciated.
were looing for the perect beaches
were looking for all the good parties
were looking for the best places to be during this week in Punta Cana
Best snorkling places, best waves, best food, best ecological tour, best everything that anyone has experienced while in the DR durng the Holy Week.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
My budddy went out to the all inclusives last Semana Santa. Not only were the roads dangerous with drunks, he said in the swim up bar area there were a bunch of typical low class, shameless, ghetto Dominicans from Santo Domingo (80% guys) drunk, loud, and taking more than full advantage of the all inclusive bar. But he said they hung out at the beach area and avoided the pool area for the whole trip and every thing was fine. The staff at the resort said they hate it when the Santo Domingo crowd shows up for the reasons above, along with the fact they don't tip, are rude, and leave the place looking like Bourbon Street on Ash Wednesday morning