trying to find two songs

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
one is GaGa a haitian house music kinda song. Everyone gets in a circle and takes turns dancing in the middle. I found one version but it was a short version.

the second is a Yoskar Sarante song. Playing all the time when i was there this past week. It is very upbeat and the chorus starts with Aye Aye Aye Aye (yes..4 ayes). My friend said the title might be El Cambia...but again...cant find anything.

Does yoskar have a NEW album...there is not much of a selection on Itunes.

I shoulda had the guy at la roca burn me a cd of some of my favs he was playing

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
nope...nice try tho and thanks. I know i am not giving folks much to go on. BUt i have the feeling the song is relatively new as it was playing all week long. I didnt have my pen with me and the lyrics escape me now.

the chorus goes something like

aye aye aye aye da da da da da
aye aye aye aye da da da
aye aye aye aye da da da da da
aye aye aye aye da da da da da da da

its kinda fast. (not merengue fast...but kinda fast) arrrrgggg

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
there is also a new alex bueno song that i like...just dont know the name of it :-(

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
c'mon folks...you are letting me down! i know my request is sorta on the vague side...but any guesses?

I heard this song over and over and over in boca chica last week. My friend told me it was not a new song tho. Does yoskar have a new cd out? i've looked on Itunes and Amazon and have had no luck

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
c'mon folks...you are letting me down! i know my request is sorta on the vague side...but any guesses?

I heard this song over and over and over in boca chica last week. My friend told me it was not a new song tho. Does yoskar have a new cd out? i've looked on Itunes and Amazon and have had no luck

LOL you are worse than the people who get back from vacation and just come on here and ask "what's the name of that song that they were playing at the hotel and everyone loved it" ???? LOL just playing with ya.

hey jrzyguy, sorry can't help you. so when is the next trip to the DR?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
M.A.R. next time i meet up with you i will sing the song for you! I know my request was kinda silly....but because the song was being played all the time when i was there (last week) i thought someone MIGHT have a suggestion. My friend there says the song is called "la cama" but i already have a song by this name and its not the same.

alas...its gonna be about 6 months to a year before i travel again. I gotta really get serious about the job thing here.

lets meet up for lunch/brunch sometime soon (other NYC DR1's welcome to join in...nothing formal..just grab a bite and a drink at some decent spot).

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
M.A.R. next time i meet up with you i will sing the song for you! I know my request was kinda silly....but because the song was being played all the time when i was there (last week) i thought someone MIGHT have a suggestion. My friend there says the song is called "la cama" but i already have a song by this name and its not the same.

alas...its gonna be about 6 months to a year before i travel again. I gotta really get serious about the job thing here.

lets meet up for lunch/brunch sometime soon (other NYC DR1's welcome to join in...nothing formal..just grab a bite and a drink at some decent spot).

Sounds good to me, about meeting up soon, yes anyone welcome to join us.
believe it or not i will be in the DR this weekend, wooohooo, a very short time but its somethin'. :cheeky:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I found your Haitian gaga song!! not sure how to get it to you!! I use Ares for my music player!
and wow alex bueno is really great!!
i'll try and find your aye aye aye song!!