Pedro McMurphy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Could someone tell me how this bar and restaurant is doing. It was in the opening stages when I left Sosua in January. What are the beer prices and how is the food for starters? Also what are the approx hours the place is open? Thanks!

A

apostropheman

It is located on Calle Dr. Rosen between Harrison's Jewelers and Rocky's and the store front is painted an unmistakable green. You really can't miss it! :D

Aug 21, 2007
Haven't been there, but I did walk past and looked at the menu. From the menu, it looked great! It is open for breakfast, I remember that. And, every time I drive past, it has a good crowd. We commented several times that it would be worth checking out, but to date, haven't done so.

A

apostropheman

I hear good things about it such as the food is very good, the prices are fair and they have excellent happy hour specials. It sounds like a decent alternative to some of my favorites when more variety is desired.

While I'll never desert my regular hangouts a little friendly competition is good for all, and pleasant alternatives can benefit locals, expats and tourists alike.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
The best thing about it for me is that the music is at a sensible volume, permitting conversation even in my rudimentary Spanish. But a nice place on many counts.

A

apostropheman

Does anyone have current menu items and prices?

I have not been there yet and do not want to mislead anyone about what i had heard, if it is not accurate.

one persons "bargain" is another's "overpriced" item...

Do they have food specials?
Are the happy hours prices still in effect?
Has anyone sampled the food there recently and care to comment on the quality?

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
They have happy hour everyday between 2 and 7 pm,beers 50 pesos wings 100 pesos.the food is well priced and very good.The breakfast was excellent until they stopped serving hashbrowns so I have downgraded the breakfast to fair.
The atmosphere is great and the owners very nice.I eat there maybe 5 or 6times a week and the food is fairly consistant.
The food is served in a good timely fashion and the waitresses are some of the easist on the eyes of any of the restuarants I've been to.

hifiman

PS: please bring back the hashbrowns;)

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I have had lunch there many times. The hamburgers are very good, shrimp salad was good as well. The BLT is huge.
A very good bargin and good food as well.
HB wth fries i believe was 140 and shrimp salad 200RD.

Bob K

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
No Complaints

We ate there in Febuary.
We also ate at multiple other establishments in this area such as Rocky's and Britania.
We rank them all closely though the decore in Pedro's is certainly fresher given that it is a relatively new establishment.
We had 2 Presidente , garlic bread and some sort of chicken nugget that I cannot remember the name of. I do not recall the exact cost but I do recall my wife and I discussing afterwards that it was very reasonable. 370 RD kind of sticks in my mind.
I will say the staff at Pedro's are one hell of a lot more pleasant to look at than Ted at Britania :squareeye

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The only place in Sosua for a real grilled chicken breast sandwich, con papa RD160. The chairs really need cushions if you are going to enjoy the RD50 beer "Happy Hour@ the bar. Management seems to be trying but IMHO the menu needs to be taken to the next level to attract local expat business consistantly. Overall thumbs up. Oh.....I almost forgot very friendly and attractive bartenders. Kudos to Celenmy with an M and Maribelle!

tambo' the baracho

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
When we were down there in early February of this year, our "Mission" was to try out as many of the bars and restaurants as we could manage as it was our first time in our villa there and we wanted to find out personally about the area and have some honest opinions to give to friends and renters who might stay at our place. (Whew... that sentence should get me honors for the run-on sentence of the year).
Pedro McMurphy's became our favorite by the end of the trip. Good food, great service (although we really did get that almost everywhere except in one high end place that I won't bother mentioning) and the owners were great. Much newer and cleaner than a lot of places we tried out. Give it a try!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DavidZ, I think your on the money, buyer beware. Sorry, but I had to delete your post as it was in response to link spam.

We are done here, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.