Aloha Sol or Platino or Colonel

newyorksfinest

Mar 1, 2008
Can anybody tell me which hotel is better to stay at.
I am looking for a Hotel that is close to resturants and bars/disco ( I will not have a car), so location is important. But I also want a decent place to stay.
Also are they chica friendly.
Reviews on these 3 hotels would be greatly appreciated.
Also rooms rates if known.

May 12, 2005
Well the Aloha Sol is right in the heart of downtown. Not too far from the Monumento. The Platino is very nice but farther away from everything. Nothing in walking distance. The Colonel or the Colonial?? The Colonial is also downtown, but a little farther from everything. I have stayed at both Platino and Aloha Sol. As far as chicas go, I use the cabanas, so I couldn't say if either was guest friendly or not.

GFar

Jan 23, 2007
if you want the best expirence go stay at the Hodelpa Gran almarante it has the only beautiful pool, jacuzzi, workout room! the only other that I know people will start to suggest is Matum it is ssooooooo garbage! this one is 150 a night, if you want to know a trick to a great hotel and still know some secrtes pm me!! sorry for the spelling but im sitting next to the pool and have been drinking!!

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
I've only stayed at the Aloha Sol, but I've found it to be a pretty good deal. It's less than a ten minute walk to the monument, as well as being very central to the rest of downtown Santiago.

The rooms are reasonably priced (around $55 last I checked) and clean. And the restaurant downstairs makes a mean mofongo.

It is guest friendly, meaning they won't stop you from bringing a girl to your room. But keep in mind that there are families and business people staying there as well. So it's understandable that they appreciate some discretion. As someone already mentioned, it's probably better to go ahead and spring for an hour or two at a cabana.

Vince.

Moose93

Feb 27, 2008
if you want the best expirence go stay at the Hodelpa Gran almarante it has the only beautiful pool, jacuzzi, workout room! the only other that I know people will start to suggest is Matum it is ssooooooo garbage! this one is 150 a night, if you want to know a trick to a great hotel and still know some secrtes pm me!! sorry for the spelling but im sitting next to the pool and have been drinking!!

I have to agree, eventhough I have not been to the othes but It is exclusive and you have tons of Cabs at your disposal right outside to take you anywhere you want to go. Being that your so close to central SAntiago a cab ride to any good spot will run you like 50-100 pesos!!

I mean you have Dolce Club 5 min away, you got Passions & Illusiones 10 min away, you got the small mall to the left of the elevado 3 minutes away, Colinas Mall another 5 min, and etc,etc...Your right off the 27, so that where you want to be.

I must admit it is pricey a decent room will run you like $150 a night and the room service $$$ are a bit exhorbant, I definitely recommend eating out but being that you don't have a vehicle it looks like that won't happen.

Good luck!!

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I've only stayed at the Aloha Sol, but I've found it to be a pretty good deal. It's less than a ten minute walk to the monument, as well as being very central to the rest of downtown Santiago.

The rooms are reasonably priced (around $55 last I checked) and clean. And the restaurant downstairs makes a mean mofongo.

It is guest friendly, meaning they won't stop you from bringing a girl to your room. But keep in mind that there are families and business people staying there as well. So it's understandable that they appreciate some discretion. As someone already mentioned, it's probably better to go ahead and spring for an hour or two at a cabana.

Vince.

I'd agree with Vince, though I'm not a huge fan of Mofongo. :glasses:

$55 a night covers a standard sized room. They go up to the "presidential suite," which is three times the size (and price). It's well located (you can walk to Monumento and Ahi-Bar). He's dead on with the guest policy - permitted, but a little discretion goes a long way.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Gran Almirante and ZOL

The Gran Almirante is outstanding for a fair price. The included breakfast is excellent.
A not too long walk to ZOL near Hillbilly's home is certainly in order. The food is perfect and reasonably priced considering the quality.

Moose93

Feb 27, 2008
and FWIW the disco stays open till 5am!! :bunny:

Oh yeah I forgot about that... That is definitely a good selling point. Cuz all those chics that you see the in the same club the whole night, usually go there to keep partying and if you were doing your thing and balling out in the club prior, those same ho's see that and then it's a wrap!! Once they see you in the cosmopolitan bar again and know your staying in the almirante your definitely be able to bring something back to your room

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
I've stayed at both Aloha Sol and Colonial. If you stay at Colonial, make sure you get a room in the new building. I prefer Aloha Sol based on location. A lot closer to the monument area, and generally a nicer locale.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I stayed at Aloha Sol as late as friday, and liked it very much. It's in walking distance to the monument and all the restaurants and bars around it.