Master Plan: Puerto Plata - Sosua - Cabarete

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I had a look at this last week and it looks rather impressive, if not very optimistic.

For those out there that have seen the presentation, what do you think?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Agreed.
Very impressive.
I don't know when they plan to get it all completed or even if it ever will, but it does make sense to better benefit from Sosua's coastal properties.
The problem of cleaning up the river running through Los Charamicos, as discussed in the Tablon thread, appears to be IMHO, the biggest stumbling block.
Without cleaning up the river, the Marina plans would be useless.
Putting that potential problem aside, the Sosua part of the project is "dreamy" looking.
The magic question is....... When?

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
For me, the biggest change is the area around the Sandcastle site. Wonder who benefits most? 14 stories.

Have been wondering why some developers in the area have not broken ground in the last 6 months, perhaps waiting for the plans to go for approval.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
For me, the biggest change is the area around the Sandcastle site. Wonder who benefits most? 14 stories.

Have been wondering why some developers in the area have not broken ground in the last 6 months, perhaps waiting for the plans to go for approval.
It is my belief that until that offending polluted river is stopped, the value of anything they build there wouldn't cover the construction costs, again, IMHO.
There's a domino effect of residential spillover to new upriver areas, if they put in a proper infrastructure through La Maranatha and Bella Vista.
It might take them 10, 20, 30 years to pull it off properly, if ever.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nope it's not online.

DavidZ, every realtor and developer on the north coast knows about it, so it cannot be that secret. This is something that has been talked about for years, just only recently some imagery has appeared supporting the plans.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Robert or Rocky,

Could you give us a brief summary of what they have in mind?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert or Rocky,

Could you give us a brief summary of what they have in mind?

Hard to summarize here, but let's just say it's a complete re-development of Charamicos, Cabarete and parts of Puerto Plata.

It's very ambitious and would require a major change in thinking.
This is a long term plan, something the DR doesn't have a great track record at.

Hopefully it happens, it would certainly make a huge difference to the north coast.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I see. Is it related to the Playa Grande project, or something else entirely different? If different, do you have any news on Playa Grande?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Does it involve the development of the El Choco track into a proper road from Sosua, avoiding Cabarete, and linking with the road to Moca?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It's a facelift to Puerto Plata, Sosua & Cabarete, with projects. such as the development of El Tablon into a marina, which has already been spoken of in the Tablon thread.
There would be some serious beautification in certain areas, new housing projects, etc.
As best as I know, it does not have anything to do with the Playa Grande or El Choco projects.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
why mention it if you cant tell us anything about it

Your being told about it now and I told you what I know.

As I said, this is nothing new, this stuff has been "yapped" about many, many times. 8-10 level buildings, another road in Cabarete, marina in Tablon, face lift for Puerto Plata Malecon etc.

Back to my original post.

For those out there that have seen the presentation, what do you think?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A couple of Sosua projects.

MstrPlan7.jpg

MstrPlan10.jpg