Dominican passports !

Mar 4, 2008
I have recently married a dominican that lives in the Sosua / Puerto Plata area, I need to know where and how does she obtain a dominican passport , so that she can join me in the U.S.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Visa?

I have recently married a dominican that lives in the Sosua / Puerto Plata area, I need to know where and how does she obtain a dominican passport , so that she can join me in the U.S.

I am assuming that since she needs a passport, she's never gotten a visa. And if this is the case you have bigger problems. You'll need to get her the passport and then go through the visa process. Good luck.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And wait for two or three years.....

A clear violation of the HB Golden Rules.....

Oh well, PT Barnum is alive and well.

HB

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007

You're saying that you didn't know you would have to file a petition to bring your wife to the states? She can't go anywhere without an approved visa and like another poster mentioned, if she doesn't yet have a passport, then she definately doesn't have a visa of any kind. My advice is to go to this website and read, read, read. It will tell you everything you need to know, what to do, how to get started and how long (approximately) it's going to take, as well as how much it's going to cost. Dominicans to the USA - Index. But, please know that the wait isn't nearly as long as it used to be. It won't be 2 or 3 years at all. Good luck.
:bunny:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Someone please tell me what my friend is doing wrong because she has been in the process for 4 (almost 5) years now trying to get a Visa for her husband.

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
to poster no 1 & poster no 6...one cannot give you an answer to these questions...for real decisions as the ones you took, one would suspect that you did your home work, yet who am I to preach...I got married and I got the dominican " hello" when it comes to the "de" name for the wife. Pichardo whi is a constant knowlegeble ichap, he told me to file the I30 with the "de", yet other DR1's whom to whom I sent pm's they told me that they filed the I30 just with the husband last name...so to make it short, one has to make his ( her ) homework and elect ...

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
to poster no 1 & poster no 6...one cannot give you an answer to these questions...for real decisions as the ones you took, one would suspect that you did your home work, yet who am I to preach...I got married and I got the dominican " hello" when it comes to the "de" name for the wife. Pichardo whi is a constant knowlegeble ichap, he told me to file the I30 with the "de", yet other DR1's whom to whom I sent pm's they told me that they filed the I30 just with the husband last name...so to make it short, one has to make his ( her ) homework and elect ...

korejdk;

The Dominican Passport will follow the"Spanish Protocol" and therefore so must one use this "protocol" in any applications fro visa to tehUSA. The US authorities and the US Law will recognize the "de" before the husbands surname as the correct surname of a married woman.

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com

korejdk;

The Dominican Passport will follow the"Spanish Protocol" and therefore so must one use this "protocol" in any applications for a visa to the USA. The US authorities and the US Law will recognize the "de" before the husbands surname as the correct surname of a married woman. So long as thenames on both the passport and the forms 130 are the same there should be no problem.

Texas Bill