transportation from STI to puerto plata hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

twlove143

Mar 5, 2008
I am traveling to puerto plata in 2 weeks with 2 of my friends and we are flying into santiago airport. Does anyone know about transportation services that we can take to get from santiago airport to our hotel? We are staying at the wyndham playa dorado. Also..we don't want to be spending a lot of money on transportation. Please help!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
your best bet is taxi divided by three, normally they have set prices but you may want to haggle.

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
My brother and I used JJ supper nice guy. But it took us 3 hours more to get there because we stop at ever bar on the hills and met people he new. It was one of the best times of our trip.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'm sitting here giggling when I read the above posts. JJ is a good guy and he does know every place there is to know for "fun and games" as well as where there is cold beer. A true mine of information.

I'm glad I know him.

HB

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
One of the best parts is JJ knows all of the places to take you for a drink and never has one himself.
Exactly what I want in a driver.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I was offered $75 for a taxi at the airport but then agreed for $65 with a driver to get me to a hotel in POP from STI. So, you can actually negotiate the price.

Enjoy your vacation!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I am traveling to puerto plata in 2 weeks with 2 of my friends and we are flying into santiago airport. Does anyone know about transportation services that we can take to get from santiago airport to our hotel? We are staying at the wyndham playa dorado. Also..we don't want to be spending a lot of money on transportation. Please help!

Out of curiosity: If your final destination is to be PP... Why didn't you book your flight to the airport there instead of Santiago???

Travel in Dominican hwys is something I don't recommend much of. Not because of the conditions on the road, as they're just as any good as your at home, but because of the reckless drivers on the road.

twlove143

Mar 5, 2008
Thank you everyone for all of your help! I think we are going to go with JJ because it seems like hes a pretty fun and popular guy. Thanks again!

oh and the reason why we didn't fly into POP is because we couldn't find a flight that had less than a 15 hour layover.

Status
Not open for further replies.