orphanages Dominican Republic?

monicam

Aug 15, 2005
I will be travelling around the DR for 15 days and I would like to donate toys, puzzles etc to orphanages.
Does anyone know of any? I found some names on the internet like El gardin por los ninos, La esperanza de un nino etc but no addresses.
Thanks!

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Yes!! I volunteer in the clinic at Nuestro Peque?os Hermanos in Ramon Santana (a batay in San Pedro de Macoris). We have about 160 kids with 16 per house & two tias per house. The NPH campus is 400 acres with new school & kitchen buildings, newly opening clinic (April?), and is really a great environment. I'd be happy to bring you out there...just PM me. If you want to check out their international website, go to:
NPH International - Caring for orphans and abandoned children
paz y salud,
DrChrisHE

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
i was volunteering at villa bendicion orphanage in santo domingo last month and brought 2 large suitcases of clothes, school supplies and toiletries including toothpaste, shampoo etc...and it was very much needed and appreciated. the adress is:

Hogar Villa Bendici?n
Av. George Washington #407, Gazcue,
Santo Domingo. Rep?blica Dominicana.
Tel : 809-221-2323 y 809-221-3241

and their website is Entertainment - Product Page

its a great thing you're doing!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
DrChrisHE, when is visitor's day at the orphanage? It's in April right, I would be interested in visiting the kids again.

asaund

Mar 11, 2008
Hi,

If you'll be staying in the Puerto Plata area while you're here in the D.R, you could visit Casa Albergue de Martina. If you tell the cab driver it's near 'puente seco' they should know what you're talking about. It's an all girls orphanage--33 girls between the ages of 2- 18.

Happy visiting!

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
visit

can a visitor just show up there with donations? Stevi
If you'll be staying in the Puerto Plata area while you're here in the D.R, you could visit Casa Albergue de Martina. If you tell the cab driver it's near 'puente seco' they should know what you're talking about. It's an all girls orphanage--33 girls between the ages of 2- 18.

Happy visiting![/QUOTE]

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
La Casa Rosada

I would recommend La Casa Rosada in Santo Domingo. They have a web site that will provide iinformation to you as to who they are and what there mission is.

You can walk right up to the door and you will be given a tour of the facility that takes about 20 minutes. Fifty-two children. All donations are given to the nuns and no donations may be given to the children directly.It's best not to go around the noon hour when the children are having their lunch and the staff is very busy.

john

asaund

Mar 11, 2008
can a visitor just show up there with donations? Stevi

Happy visiting!
[/QUOTE]

In terms of visiting Casa Albergue de Martina, I know that many people do just show up there with whatever they have to share. THere are clearly no objections, but a phone call would still be appreciated. Either way, you can guarantee your help is going to be welcomed and will bless some special little souls!!

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
orphanage phone

do you have a number? Thanks

In terms of visiting Casa Albergue de Martina, I know that many people do just show up there with whatever they have to share. THere are clearly no objections, but a phone call would still be appreciated. Either way, you can guarantee your help is going to be welcomed and will bless some special little souls!![/QUOTE]

asaund

Mar 11, 2008
Phone #- Casa Albergue de Martina--girls orphanage

The orphanage phone number is (809) 261-0276. Unless they have a volunteer working there right now, chances are none of the nuns will understand english. If you have some spanish you'll have better luck with your communication:).

margarett

Apr 14, 2008
Casa Albergue de Martina

The orphanage phone number is (809) 261-0276. Unless they have a volunteer working there right now, chances are none of the nuns will understand english. If you have some spanish you'll have better luck with your communication:).

I will be staying at the Riu Mambo in Puerto Plata in a few weeks...I would like to visit Casa Albergue de Martina and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how far away it is from the resort...is it better to take a cab or bus there...and if anyone knows approximately how much cab fare is from POP airport to Puerto Plata? Thanks...
Margarett

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Directions?

Hi,

Happy visiting!

Do you or anyone else have directions and any further info?
I will have my own jeepeta but would love to go and visit and take some stuff when I am next out.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
DrChrisHE, when is visitor's day at the orphanage? It's in April right, I would be interested in visiting the kids again.

Let me check and I'll post it...maybe as a new thread and PM you.

If memory serves me correctly, it is in a couple of weeks (on Sunday).

margarett

Apr 14, 2008
Casa Albergue de Martina

I will be staying at the Riu Mambo in Puerto Plata, and would like to visit the above named orphanage...can any one tell me how far away it is from the Riu hotels, and if its withing walking distance or do I have to bus/cab the distance. Thanks.
Margarett

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
It is not within walking distance and I would strongly suggest that you not arrive unannounced. They will be closed between July 15 and the end of August (I was just there yesterday).