Particular dental procedure-performed in the DR?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The procedure is called-"The One Stage Osteocompressive Immediate Permanent Implant". The company that makes the implants is called OCO Biomedical, a US based concern.

Supposedly, these are implants that are done in one or two visits, as opposed to the more traditional implant procedure that take much more time. If anyone has any info to pass along, please do.

If possible, I would need the name, address and phone number of a dentist who performs this particular procedure if there is any on the island who does.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am going to ask a frined of mine, Dr. Reynoso, on Ave. Metropolitana, near Sushi Ya...

He is currently doing implants and he told me that this month there is going to be a big to-do in Santo Domingo where they can do this sort of operation--I need one too!..

Maybe we can go and hold hands--Good Lord, how I hate dentists!!

HB (scaredy cat)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I had 4 implants..........

..............all done in less than 1 hour which included pulling 2 teeth at:

Dr.Juan Alonso Genao Frias
Edificio Ingco 1D-1
Av Republica Argentina
La Trinitaria
Santiago, RD
(809) 971-3616

have had no problems and my dentist in the US was very impressed........

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
..............all done in less than 1 hour which included pulling 2 teeth at:

Dr.Juan Alonso Genao Frias
Edificio Ingco 1D-1
Av Republica Argentina
La Trinitaria
Santiago, RD
(809) 971-3616

have had no problems and my dentist in the US was very impressed........

That's good to hear.

What are they charging on average for implants?

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
The implants

were $800 each but you can get them for about $700US each if you have more than 3.

This includes giving you the "posts"...........that you need to have temps or permanents put on them...........(it is my understanding that some places in the US don't give you the posts.........)

I had temps put on until 6 months then had them replaced with permanents.........

Cost in $DR was about $2000.peso for the temps in a group of 3
and then
about 200-300USD per permanent.............depending where you go.......

This doctor speaks English, Spanish and a few others and I believe he is actually from Spain.........

....................AND BTW Hillbilly it was PAINLESS!!!!!..............and only a little discomfort later in the day that could be handled with 2 advil's....

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Maybe we can go and hold hands--Good Lord, how I hate dentists!!

HB (scaredy cat)

If its' that bad for you, I'll let you hold my girlfriends' hand...I think she'll put you at ease much quicker than I ever could!!!;) LOL!!!!!!!:cheeky:

Here is the link to the actual procedure that I got from a dentist in Costa Rica-the point is that this procedure can be done in one or two visits and the screws are permanent, so you don't have to go back in 6 months and have something else done, as opposed to the way my dentist in NYC explained to me-

The tooth has to be removed if its' still there. Wait for healing.

The bone has to be prepped to accept the screw. Wait for healing.

Screw is installed. More healing, more waiting.

Permanent artificial tooth is installed.

This is all for just one tooth that I need fixed and from start to finish it could be up to a year.

This is how this other procedure is done-

Dental Implants | Costa Rica

I think its' always a good idea for people to see and read about procedures like this so you know what they will be dealing with.

The DR could be better option for some who may need this done, especially many DR1 members who travel to the island frequently.

By the way, in the states this procedure is extremely cost prohibitive if you are thinking of doing it where you live and your insurance doesn't cover it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You should email Humberto Jaime at the email address below.

hjaime@innovadent.com.do

He supplies most of the better dentists in the DR with their implants etc.
He also teaches many the procedures etc.

Tell him Robert from DR1 sent you, he will know if anyone is using these implants in the DR.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

hjaime@innovadent.com.do

Tell him Robert from DR1 sent you, he will know if anyone is using these implants in the DR.

Does he speak english?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
$6000. CDN for my daughter's 2 implants. It wasn't a one day procedure.
Temps and then permanent ones.

This new procedure that we are looking at is done differently and it only takes 1-2 visits tops with no temporary crowns-the ones that are installed are permanent.

And compare $6,000 CDN to the prices we've uncovered so far, which is also just as if not important and it would seem that this is worth looking into. :cheeky:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
I am 'chomping at the bit' to hear results of any recent visits for the new procedure.
Hope it's available soon in the DR. The Costa Rican ad was informative and alluring. Is that really available here yet? If so, where is it again and who does it and what does it cost? I've been quoted horrendous $$ for implants, even here in the DR, even with insurance.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I am 'chomping at the bit' to hear results of any recent visits for the new procedure.
Hope it's available soon in the DR. The Costa Rican ad was informative and alluring. Is that really available here yet? If so, where is it again and who does it and what does it cost? I've been quoted horrendous $$ for implants, even here in the DR, even with insurance.

I will send you a pm.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I just received an informative e-mail from the dental office in Costa Rica.

Since its' not DR related I will not post it but will be happy to forward a copy to anyone interested via pm. Just let me know via pm.

As of yet I have not heard from the gentleman that Robert posted about who handles dental implants in the DR.

As soon as I get a response from him I will get that information up.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I just received an informative e-mail from the dental office in Costa Rica.

Since its' not DR related I will not post it but will be happy to forward a copy to anyone interested via pm. Just let me know via pm.

As of yet I have not heard from the gentleman that Robert posted about who handles dental implants in the DR.

As soon as I get a response from him I will get that information up.

Feel free to post the Costa Rican info.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Feel free to post the Costa Rican info.

Thank you, Robert. Here it is-this is from the dental clinic mentioned earlier in the thread.

E-MAIL-
I am sending as much info as I can.
I will send you helpful information about our dental implants, cost information, how to send x-rays, about us, traveling arrangements, helping you get a passport faster if needed etc..

DENTAL IMPLANTS

We feature the one stage, osteocompressive, immediate load, permanent implants from OCO Biomedical in the USA.

The great advantage of this type of implant system is that it integrates to bone as other implants do, but instead of waiting a few months for your teeth to be built and placed in, all procedures can be completed in a few days. Saving time, money, avoiding second surgeries etc.

Everything done in one trip to Costa Rica.

Please be kind enough to open the attached file with more detailed information about our dental implants and us.

I also recommend that you visit OCO Biomedical, Inc. , browse around and go to the news section for more information about us.

COST INFORMATION: (everything included, for you to get an idea)

Dental Implants: $500 each

Metal porcelain crowns: $250 each

x-rays, examination, study models: $100

YOUR SPECIFIC CASE

-Extractions and implant placement can be done simultaneously at our office. Better like that. Don't do it before or you will have to wait at least three months for Implants.

-Porcelain fused to metal crowns will replace your original tooth. I can assure you the quality, I cannot comment on the other crowns you already have.

-Braces could be installed on all teeth except implants, if you put braces on them you will make them loose or not move them at all.

No Orthodontist will do that.

-Send a picture of your teeth So I can try to help you on this matter.

TIME FOR COMPLETION

One twelve working day trip(a little bit over two weeks) or two ten day trips.

We don’t work on Saturdays and Sundays.

IMPORTANT: (OPTIONAL SINCE YOU CAN GET THEM AT OUR OFFICE TOO)

To Determine the exact quantity of implants and crowns, it would be very helpful if you could send us a Panoramic x-ray if possible. With that, we can get back to you with a treatment proposal and cost estimates.

YOU DON'T HAVE X-RAYS….

If you don't have them at all and cant get them from your Dentist:

We can help you.

If there is a Dental Radiographic Center close to you, send us information including address, telephone number, fax, e-mails and we will send back a Panoramic x-ray prescription so you can have your x-ray taken and sent to us.

Keep in mind that if you just can't get any x-rays done, we will take them for you at our office. So, don’t worry if you cant get them at all.

HOW TO SEND YOUR X-RAYS

e-mail the x-rays to:

dentalcostarica@hotmail.com

Or send them via Fedex, DHL, UPS etc.. to:

OFFICE ADDRESS AND INFO

Dr. Marco A . Munoz Cavallini & Assoc.

International Dental Clinic

Calles 28-30, Avenida 3 bis, # 2841

PO Box: 5826-1000

San Jose, Costa Rica

Central America

Tel: 011-(506)-255-3386 or 011-(506)-222-8443

Fax: 011-(506)-222-4176

** If you use Fedex, DHL, UPS etc, avoid using PO BOX in our address, if you use regular mail, use it.

TRAVELING INFORMATION:

We can help you with all of your traveling arrangments.

All this is coordinated by Mr. Edward Migliaccio –International Affairs Coordinator.

He will set up all details, for your stay in Costa Rica to be joyful.

Hotels: Close by Hotels to the office range from $60 to $120. I can get you a list. All hotels close to our office.

We offer free airport pick up.

LIST OF HOTELS

These hotels are very close to our office. This is just a small group, there are other options for you to choose.

Hotel Costa Rica, Apartotel Cristina, Residence Inn Costa Rica ( Apartotel Cristina)

Bienvenido al Apartotel La Sabana - Costa Rica (Apartotel Sabana)

Hotel Casa Roland - San Jose, Costa Rica's luxurious Bed & Breakfast. Your adventure to the land of Fishing, Surfing and Jungles starts right here...! ( Hotel Casa Roland)
www.grupomarta.com ( Best Western Irazu)
Centro Colon Hotel in San Jose Costa Rica

PRADO INN & SUITES ( Apartments and suites)

Hotel Cacts this one is next door to our office

Hotel Tryp Corobici

Hotel Barcelo San Jose Palacio

INTERNATIONAL COORDINATOR INFORMATION

Mr. Edward Migliaccio.

Tel: 011-(506)-232-0006 or 011-(506)-378-2665

NEED HELP IN GETTING YOUR PASSPORT?

We know that getting your passport might be a slow process that might take several weeks.

We might be able to help you.

Give us all information about your local area authorities and we`ll send a letter justifying medical reasons for you getting your passport faster.

It has worked in many cases.

We need a fax or mail address for this.

OUR E-MAIL ADDRESS

Please reply with comments, questions, proposals to:

dentalcostarica@hotmail.com

This is our regular e-mail address.

WE CAN CALL YOU!

Want to get on the phone?

Mr. Edward Migliaccio –International Affairs Coordinator- can call you. Expect his call, he might have called you by the time you receive this e-mail.

If you were not available he will leave a message in your voice mail device.

If you did not send us any phone number, please send us a telephone number and let us know when is a good time to call you…

We strongly believe in a personalized human way of treating our costumers.

METHODS OF PAYMENT

We accept all major credit cards, wire transfers or cash. We do not accept checks.

Normally you will pay gradually as procedures are performed, meaning that for example as we place implants, you will pay for them until you are finished and complete your full payment.

APPOINTMENTS

Appointments can be booked my e-mail or telephone, once flight information is received from you.

All procedures are time consuming with precision demands, the more days you can come, the better.

Since so many patients are coming from different parts of the world, we respectfully request that you let us know your possible travel dates three weeks in advance SO WE CAN LET YOU KNOW FOR AVAILABILITY.

By this we will confirm spaces available and you will proceed to book your flights with airlines and appointments at our office.

We have spaces available after May 9th, 2008. Closed for Easter Vacation March 15th through March 23rd 2008.

FINALLY…..

Anything else you need, please let us know. We will be more than glad to help you.

Looking forward in hearing from you soon .

Best regards,

Dr. Marco

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

hjaime@innovadent.com.do

Update-I have sent emails to this person and as of yet no response.

I will keep trying.