re: help! dominican lost passport in puerto rico!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimideleon

Aug 6, 2007
re: help! dominican lost passport in puerto rico!

hi there! my husband just recently got his permanent residence to the U.S. He decided he would go to puerto rico first, to visit his mother who resides there...he has only been there one week and has lost his passport! can anyone help me out on how he can obtain a new one fast?! does anyone know if he would have to request it in the dominican or could he get one in puerto rico?! also, any information on how long this would take?! thanks!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
you are both wrong...i NEVER paid a dime for his papers...and i have not sent him any money for his "vacation" in puerto rico. and by the way, i live in canada. if he really wanted to screw me over, he would have made me sponsor him and do all the work. i just asked for some help--you dont know him or i, so please dont judge. a friend of mine told me i could come here and ask for assistance...
That's great news.
Surely someone here will be able to tell you if there is a Dominican embassy in Puerto Rico for him to get a new passport.
Maybe you can even Goggle up that info.

A

apostropheman

Whatever. How can a grown man "lose" a passport (presumably with his visa) that has likely taken him months, if not years to obtain. It boggles the mind.

Like Rocky said
I pray to God that I'm completely wrong but all my instincts tell me it's a sanky scam.
Anyhow, here's hoping that I get proved wrong.

I would rather that the OP hate my guts, than for her to be victimized

I couldn't agree more.

you are both wrong...i NEVER paid a dime for his papers...and i have not sent him any money for his "vacation" in puerto rico. and by the way, i live in canada. if he really wanted to screw me over, he would have made me sponsor him and do all the work. i just asked for some help--you dont know him or i, so please dont judge. a friend of mine told me i could come here and ask for assistance...
here's the contact info for the Dominican Embassy in Puerto Rico:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]San Juan
Edificio Avianca, 1612 Avenida Ponce DeLeon, 7th Floor,
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00907
(809) 725-9550

...let Google be your new friend :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
[/FONT]

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Was this you, 4 months ago, looking for your sanky?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/sankie-101/68859-anyone-know-david-la-romana.html#post579514
Anyone know david, la romana
hi there!

looking for anyone out there with information on david --he used to work at the bahia principe in punta cana, and now lives in la romana. would appreciate it! thanks! hes about 23 years old now, as well thanks mimi

http://www.dr1.com/forums/sankie-101/68859-anyone-know-david-la-romana.html#post579516
mimideleon
user_offline.gif

Bronze
reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif

he also has a hundred tattoos on his body--one of che guevera! Thanks!

A

apostropheman

so let me get this straight...you married David from La Romana? :ermm::cheeky::bunny::bunny:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/sankie-101/68859-anyone-know-david-la-romana.html#post579516

So now you live in Canada, suddenly he has his residency in the US, NOT Canada, and he's "lost" his passport in the PR whilst visiting his "mom" and presumably needs assistance and I'd bet $$$ form you.

I have to ask why you married the dude if you're not living with him and will again be in different countries?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
so let me get this straight...you married David from La Romana? :ermm::cheeky::bunny::bunny:

So now you live in Canada, suddenly he has his residency in the US, NOT Canada, and he's "lost" his passport in the PR whilst visiting his "mom" and presumably needs assistance and I'd bet $$$ form you.

I have to ask why you married the dude if you're not living with him and will again be in different countries?
It would be almost impossible for the OP to have found David the sanky and married him and got his US papers all in 4 months.
Of course, that doesn't explain why she was trying to find David while she is recently married to somebody else.
None of this is making sense, but I'm sure that Mimi will reply soon, specially as we were kind enough to find her the DR embassy in PR.

A

apostropheman

...but I'm sure that Mimi will reply soon, specially as we were kind enough to find her the DR embassy in PR.
:cheeky: I won't be holding my breathe waiting, although I'm always happy to help where I can, regardless. :D:bunny::bunny:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
What I find interesting is that she lives in Canada...

married to a Dominican, who has recently got his US permanent residency....
If she thinks she's going to move to the States to live with him, boy does she have a rude awakening coming!!!!!

Didn't take my Canadian son long to get a work permit to enter the US (he had specialized skills) but it took forever to get his permanent residency and he couldn't leave the States for almost 7 years for fear of not getting back in!

Not even being married to an American helped (course it might be easier if your husband is a foreigner who doesn't speak English and isn't white!:))

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And the OP mentions that if he had been trying to scam her, he would have got her to sponsor him.
How in the world could a Canadian sponsor a Dominican applying for US residency?
And all this stuff happened in 4 months?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
hi there! my husband just recently got his permanent residence to the U.S. He decided he would go to puerto rico first, to visit his mother who resides there...he has only been there one week and has lost his passport! can anyone help me out on how he can obtain a new one fast?! does anyone know if he would have to request it in the dominican or could he get one in puerto rico?! also, any information on how long this would take?! thanks!

So what he lost is his Dominican passport with a US visa/green card in it?

The Dominican passport won't be too hard to replace at the address given above but not sure about getting a replacement for his visa.

YOU can also got to this website to ask more questions about getting replacement for a US visa. Dominicans to the USA - Index[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

mimideleon

Aug 6, 2007
thank you anna...he called me last nite in a panic! his ticket is here for toronto this week! im sure he probably will have it figured out by tomorrow! could you also tell me how to cancel my account, or delete my threads?! people are so rude here...and very ignorant...thanks again

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
thank you anna...he called me last nite in a panic! his ticket is here for toronto this week! im sure he probably will have it figured out by tomorrow! could you also tell me how to cancel my account, or delete my threads?! people are so rude here...and very ignorant...thanks again
That's what they all say when they get busted lying.
Truth is, Mimi, we're just trying to help you to not get further scammed.
If it weren't true, what we are saying, then why did you not respond?
It's not like you can say that you didn't see our questions, as you replied to Anna as soon as she posted.
How can you think that we wouldn't notice your post from 4 months ago, trying to find a sanky named David?

A

apostropheman

Now Toronto is his destination???

But you previously said

and implied that he did not have a visa for Canada
yet now his destination is Toronto, which IS in Canada, last time I checked :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

At the risk of being mean...
"LIAR, LIAR, Pants on FIRE!!!"
:D:):cheeky:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
As soon as I read the first post, I thought "SCAM SCAM SCAM"!!!!!!

But, its' a little confusing. I can't figure out how this whole thing worked itself out.

She is asking about a sanky 4 months ago, and now she is also married to some guy who had his papers working way before they got married.

He is now a US citizen on his way to Canada to be with his "wife".

But before that, he goes to Puerto Rico to be with his "mother".

He probably sold his passport to another dominican who got to P.R. on a yola, and is now on his way to NYC with it. Or he will use the passport to get a P.R. drivers' license because that's all the guy would need to get to the mainland.

Then the passport will miraculously turn up. Or not.

This isn't rudeness. We just want to know how this madness transpired.

By the way, he would have to fill out a police report at the local precinct if I'm not mistaken BEFORE going to the embassy. At least thats' the way you have to do it in NYC, and I don't see why it would be different in P.R.

And I would see this, a dominican going into a precinct to report a lost passport and visa in P.R. having lost it as soon as he gets there as just a tad suspicious.

Any police officer worth his salt filing this report would smell a scam. And then your "husband" would be in trouble.

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
He can't enter Canada without a Canadian visa......

so his permanent US residency won't do him any good as far as entering my country.
We have a friend who comes to visit us -Dominican- with a US green card but he stills needs a Canadian visa to enter. Our immigration authorities ain't dummies!!!!!:bunny:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Okay, a guy is figuring on going to Canada without a Canadian vise, just because he has a US Green Card>> Can this be done.?? YOu know I think it can....

Of course, I think I have to side with the majority and bid my time and see just how this works out.

MIMI, you know that you found out the address in of the Dominican Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico, but what amazes me is that there is not one Dominican in Puerto Rico that does not know where that place is!!! And he calls you, a Canadian, to find out?? Yeah, right....

There are too many things about this that do not ring true.

I do hope you get his act together...

HB

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
We enter Canada

all the time.................and my friend only has a US Green Card...........

A VISA IS NOT NECESSARY...............

A few years ago, when he only had a US VISA, we needed a Canadian VISA which we got in NY..and is in his old passport. He has entered Canada twice since with his new DR passport and NO CANADIAN VISA ... the Green Card is sufficient......

Status
Not open for further replies.