Reforma Agraria

Jadde32

Mar 10, 2008
Does anyone know about this reform? I know the governement gives land to people who want work on it. How does this law work? and who gets the land? is a house also given with the land? Just curious why is it that more people are taking advantage of this reform. ITS freee land if you want to grow food.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is a major government waste program that killed off many farmers who produced foodstuffs.
It gave 10 acres to some farmers that promptly lost everything because they were poor, but not farmers. There was no risk management, no responsibility, and it was super paternalistic...Sorry I think it has been a dismal failure all around.
The gov't also built small villages to house the "farmers" who then became owners of "colmados", billiard parlors, salons, and other businesses to service the new population of so=called farmers...
One of the most asinine of projects is the one over by SFM in the old farm that used to owned by the Aguayos...It has never, ever, produced a dime, despite having an incredible investment in men and machinery....

Oh yeah, I do not think it is a good idea...but I guess you know that by now...

HB