Internet Speed? Free Zone? Call Centers? Offices?

mirando21

Mar 8, 2008
Hello everyone?

I'm planning to setup a small call center in DR, I will be scoping Santo Domingo and La Romana, but if you have knowledge in other cities please post as well with the the referring city. I would appreciate any advice on any of the questions/concerns i have below.

I was thinking of taking down 5 or 6 VOIP lines. My concern is that i will not be able to find fast internet sufficient for these lines. I was told by a local VOIP company in canada that you need 128kbps upload per line. Can anyone comment about this idea, or exactly how fast internet connection is available and at what prices? or any alternatives?

Regarding renting Office space in Santa Domingo or other area, what are the best locations or ideal, i.e. things like English Speakers, High speed internet, safety, economical etc... (I believe the Free Zones are more expensive and are for larger businesses).

About computer/furniture rentals. Is there companies in DR who offer these services?

About hiring and employees, where is the best place to locate tele-sales employees. Job boards, Universities?. I would primarily need an experienced tele-sales pro, who can do tele-sales, supervise and train other agents.

Any other advice/comments about call centers in DR or related info.
**Also, if you have experience with call centers in DR, please PM me.

Thank you in advance for your replys.

Mirando,

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
About question Number 1 I believe you will need a T1 line for your VOIP need because right now no Internet service is providing more than 768 KBPS upload. You will need a dedicated line with at least 1,000 Kbps (1 MEG) of upload.

2- If you want to find English Speakers fast then you definitely should establish in Santo Domingo although it will be more expensive there rent wise.

About the other questions i think other poster can help you better than me.