Help me understand

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
...please, since I fail to comprehend this...

So there's this dominican lady, she has 4 kids ( 3 kids one dad + one other ) who got married in the DR few years ago or so...the gringo bought a business, and started to take care of her and the two girls who were living with her...classic story, she wasn't content ( U know what I mean ), the business was losing money, and the gringo got fed up and left the DR about 4 months ago or so...since then she's been out in the open with her local novio etc etc...so last week-end I am having a Leonel on the playa with the gringo ( who is regularly visiting the DR but not for her ) and he was talking about it etc etc and later on that day I was talking with her ( please don't ask me the circumstances ) and she was going on and on among the lines:
-why doesn't he want to see me
- why is he not paying for my ninas's school ( he's NOT the father )
- how can I pay for rent ( the local novio lives there )
- he's my husband, he has responsabilities ( yet the novio doesn't )
etc etc
I was playing dumb ( "no se, no se" ) yet how dumb do the Dominicans think that the gringos are ?!? Or is she really that dumb to believe what she's saying ? I mean, my common sense was screaming "R U *&%$ing serious", he has no responsability whatsoever ?!?!?!?!?
I fail to comprehend this, I really do...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It's the culture, the upbringing (or lack thereof).....

and the expectation that since she's married to the gringo (even if only common-law) he should solve all her problems. After all sex is just sex......and Dominicans do 'it' better!!;):cheeky:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Two factors, #1 I doubt the chica is aware of all of what you know of her. #2 the mentality of Domincans in the tourist areas or those that work with tourists is mind boggling when it comes preconceptions about Americans/gringos. They are fed a steady diet of how rich we are and this is only reinforced by all the visiting family who come to the DR for two weeks with rented jewelry and borrowed name brand clothes who also don't bother to tell them that they work like dogs 10 hours a day 6 days a week for a piddly two weeks vacation. They do this because of the high esteem and attention they receive, so why spoil a good thing, right? I as a gringo who lives in Santiago can spot a North Coaster(tourister Dominican) a mile away, typically just by they look at me and treat me - It is almost as if to them I am not a human but a side of beef to be partioned as they please. In fact I thoroughly enjoy having a conversation about the realities of living in the US if they give me the time, and if they are astute enough will realize that I'm not talking baloney. Then again one of my wife's young cousin threw away a career as a surgeon(3rd year med student) here in the DR to clean floors in NY. He is smarter than most yet in spite of all of my counseling went and overstayed his student visa anyway. I believe he will be back when he realizes that he will never be able to have a place of his own or any real money.

There you go, hope this helps. :)

Reactions: AlterEgo

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
I hear you loud and clear, yet I fail to grasp her logic...whenever I don't understand an ungle I try to place myself in "their" shoes or "their" circumstances, yet my math just cannot add up in this case...I asked my wife to try and explain and she told me " I do not visit mi abuela, only once every 3-4 mths since she is "asking" since we got married.I am at a loss...you got cheating on your gringo husband, yet you have expectations ?!?

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Maybe it is the seemingly total absence of the ability to link action to reaction, or cause and effect. In some cases this can be an attribute while in others the opposite.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I hear you loud and clear, yet I fail to grasp her logic...
I'm going to get chastised for this one, but the short of it is that the female of the human species is not a logical creature.
To try to understand is ridiculous, and even when a female makes a logical decision, she still reserves the right to change her mind.
One would do a lot better by simply accepting, rather than trying to understand.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
hmmmmm..........

OK OP since you asked us not to ask I am going too! What where the circumstances of you "meeting" with her? I mean , not to be rude but you go on to say about her cheating etc,( unless I read that wrong, if so I have misunderstood), but it did make me go "hmmmmmmmm"

As for Rocky and women not being logical, well I think its a 50/50 split on that. To me its not the gender its the person. I have met many both male and female who are illogical. I have met many of both sexes who fall into many catagories, but I personally would not say that as a gender one is more than the other. Just my thoughts. Have a great one.;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
OK OP since you asked us not to ask I am going too! What where the circumstances of you "meeting" with her? I mean , not to be rude but you go on to say about her cheating etc,( unless I read that wrong, if so I have misunderstood), but it did make me go "hmmmmmmmm"

As for Rocky and women not being logical, well I think its a 50/50 split on that. To me its not the gender its the person. I have met many both male and female who are illogical. I have met many of both sexes who fall into many catagories, but I personally would not say that as a gender one is more than the other. Just my thoughts. Have a great one.;)
I went out on a limb and accept all the heat it brings me.
It's actually not derogatory.
I think of women as artistic with round curves, while men are like an algrebraic equation and are rather square.
Of course, that's just my warped mind speaking, and tomorrow I might change my mind.
Perhaps it's my feminine side coming out.;)

PS: Don't take any of this seriously, at least not what I say.
I'm just entertaining myself.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
lol

I went out on a limb and accept all the heat it brings me.
It's actually not derogatory.
I think of women as artistic with round curves, while men are like an algrebraic equation and are rather square.
Of course, that's just my warped mind speaking, and tomorrow I might change my mind.
Perhaps it's my feminine side coming out.;)

PS: Don't take any of this seriously, at least not what I say.
I'm just entertaining myself.

Since it came from you Rocky, I know its not . ;) No heat here .

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que hay que entender?

...please, since I fail to comprehend this...

So there's this dominican lady, she has 4 kids ( 3 kids one dad + one other ) who got married in the DR few years ago or so...the gringo bought a business, and started to take care of her and the two girls who were living with her...classic story, she wasn't content ( U know what I mean ), the business was losing money, and the gringo got fed up and left the DR about 4 months ago or so...since then she's been out in the open with her local novio etc etc...so last week-end I am having a Leonel on the playa with the gringo ( who is regularly visiting the DR but not for her ) and he was talking about it etc etc and later on that day I was talking with her ( please don't ask me the circumstances ) and she was going on and on among the lines:
-why doesn't he want to see me
- why is he not paying for my ninas's school ( he's NOT the father )
- how can I pay for rent ( the local novio lives there )
- he's my husband, he has responsabilities ( yet the novio doesn't )
etc etc
I was playing dumb ( "no se, no se" ) yet how dumb do the Dominicans think that the gringos are ?!? Or is she really that dumb to believe what she's saying ? I mean, my common sense was screaming "R U *&%$ing serious", he has no responsability whatsoever ?!?!?!?!?
I fail to comprehend this, I really do...
What's there to understand?.....That woman lost "contact" with mother earth......Meaning, she is not thinking right because, I THINK, she does NOT know what common sense is even if it slaps her on the face.

Btw, next time, listen to your common sense and instead of telling yourself "R U &^^%$ serious", TELL HER!. That will shut her up REEEEEAL fast!!.

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
she's related to my wife...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Why would any gringo come here and marry a woman with 4 kids (from 2 different men) and then take over the responsibility of supporting her, the kids and 2 other (live in) girls? What the hell is the matter with him? there aren't any single dominican women left in that area that he has to settle for a mother of 4????
AZB

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
Why would any gringo come here and marry a woman with 4 kids (from 2 different men) and then take over the responsibility of supporting her, the kids and 2 other (live in) girls? What the hell is the matter with him? there aren't any single dominican women left in that area that he has to settle for a mother of 4????
AZB

I guess that it's true what they say that love is blind, yet in this case I guess that it goes way beyond that...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
AZB

He was probably exercising male 'logic'. :cheeky:

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
AZB

She was hot!