Camping?

Flesner

Mar 11, 2008
Is camping possible on the beaches on the peninsula? If so, where? (I'm thinking of something around Las Galeras, but other options would also be good!)

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I?ve seen folks camping on Playa Grande, though i don?t know what the circumstances were. I have an idea that if you were to speak with the Marina de Guerra in a beach area, they would grant you permission to camp the night on a beach. Most beaches are patrolled to some extent by the navy, so they would be the ones from whom to ask rmission.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Camping

Looks like a good place but does anyone else know any good places one can camp in the DR thats secure?

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
try rio san juan

I camped out in the area of Rio san Juan ? a few years back. I went with a cousin of mine and about 20 others. We had a very good time. It seemed pretty safe right by the beach. We had the grill set up and everything. Im not suree of the exact areas to go to though.

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
Playa Magante

We've had several people camp near us. The town is name La Yagua, or Villa Magante, just outside of Rio San Juan. The beach is Playa Magante. There are several business there and plenty of open spots for camping.

SL