Sol Melia Santo Domigo

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I am looking to book a hotel in Santo Domingo next week for a few nights - thinking about the Sol Melia.

Has anyone stayed there before? What did you think? Despite having my own transport I would ideally like to be able to walk to the bars, restaurants & shops.

The other hotel I was considering is the Intercontinental - can anyone recommend either of these hotels?

Many thanks in advance
Daydream.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'v stayed there 2 or 3 times. For a "in-the-city" hotel I thought it was great.Class A service for gringos, business people, and natives alike.

Got a kick out of one of the reviewers that Nals recommended . "Reluctant Service"--the person basically didn't belong in a city hotel. He/she should have been at a beach side hotel in BC or JD so decide what you want from a hotel and choose accordingly.
john

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
A1

Thanks for the replies. I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and I totally agree with Johne - the service was A1.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Good location, great food and excellent service.

Daydream.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Hey Daydream - Both hotels are nice and I have visited friends who have stayed at both of them. I am sure you won't be disappointed in the hotel or the location. The only thing I think you will be disappointed with is the price that you are going to pay. For the money, I don't think its worth it. (this is my opinion).

When traveling to DR, normally you only sleep in the room and use it as a base camp to freshen up. For a lot less money, you can grab one of the smaller hotels that is not part of the BIG chains and get a really good deal on the price.

There are so many of them, I strongly recommend that you check them out with some research before paying 4 or 5 times as much for a hotel room.

Hotel Maison Gautreaux... En Santo Domingo, Algo Distinto.

Good Luck