Bellydancing near Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancin_fool

Mar 9, 2008
Does anyone know if there is any Bellydance scene near Puerto Plata? Any restaurants that have dancers on a regular basis? Any restaurants where a visiting dancer could get a gig while visiting?

Thanks

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I know of no indian style restaurant sin Puerta Plata, less that have belly dancing. But that?s not to say a belly dancer couldn?t get a gig in any number of other establishments.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There's a place in Sabaneta - on the Moca road...just past Cabarete called Blue Moon. They are an Indian-Caribbean restaurant. It's actually more of a special-event lind of place. They don't have belly dancers but maybe would be worth talking to...

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I seem to find that a lot of young women in and around Santiago are attending "Arabic" belly dancing classes and some even quite seriously getting into it, investing in matching robes and head decorations too.

But I don't know if there is a "scene".

... J-D.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I actually missed Arabic music in SD and POP dance clubs :bored: Arabic and Latin rhythms make such a great combination. If anyone finds a club that plays RAI as well as Salsa and Merengue - please post info here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.